Protector

Chapter 30

Waking up wrapped in Damien's arms this morning brought a smile to my face. I chose him, it was always going to be him. I might have come back from the darkness but I held onto enough. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go soft. I'm still as powerful as I was before and killing doesn't bother me if it means protecting the family I have become a part of. What's strange is that I even feel a little more powerful than before, I feel stronger. I dont know if its because I'm Damien's now or I always more powerful this way but I let the darkness claim me before I could see that for myself. My emotions have returned completely, all except for the bad ones I used to have. Them memories dont affect me like they use to. Its like looking into a strangers life when I think back to when I was human, the bullying and the hate from my own parents doesn't even seem like that was my life. Something that used to crush me doesn't even bother me to think about it now. Like this was always my destiny, weather it was through Kyle or my own change, this is where I have always been destined to be.

Laying in his arms felt right, I felt loved and protected for the first time in my life. I turned around and came face to face with a sleeping Damien. I can't put my finger on what, but something has changed in his appearance. I ran my fingers gently down the side of his face, tracing the thin outline of his sideburns. When my eyes went back to his face I was met by Damien beautiful deep blue eyes. I smiled as he looked at me, until I saw confusing cross his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Something about your appearance has changed slightly" he said.

"I was just thinking the same about you a couple of minutes ago" I said.

"You look even more beautiful than before, I didn't think that could be possible" he said smiling as he brushed my hair away from my face.

"You look even more perfect, you look stronger" I said, confused myself.

I picked up Damien's shirt and put it on, closing a few buttons as I walked to his bathroom. I pushed open the door and turned on the light.  Damien is right I have changed again. My hair is thicker and has more waves. I have soft honey colour streaks running through my hair making my appearance look gentler but not less dangerous looking. My green eyes have gold flecks in them making them sparkle. My lips are a lighter shade of red. I even have colour on my cheeks. But the most noticeable is my body. It looked strong and toned before, to others I looked fragile and breakable. Now my body looks stronger if that's even possible. The tattoo I got on my back is slightly different. Some of the intricate details have spread onto my shoulder, but its a different design on my shoulder. Damien walked in behind me as I tracing my fingers over the new lines.

"That is my mark to show others you are claimed by your soul mate and its shows you are claimed by royal blood, your a royal now, Lexi. That mark only appears on true soul mates" Damien said smiling as he ran his fingers over his mark.

"Why didn't it appear before?" I asked.

"We were both consumed by darkness, we felt the lust that soul mates have, but we never felt the love we should have til last night, when we recognized who we are to each other, I should have your mark on me too" he said looking in the mirror. He traced his fingers over his shoulder where my mark sits in between his own tattoos.

As he looked at his tattoo, I noticed his muscles are literally bulging, his muscles were big before but now he has more defination everywhere on his body.

"Like what you see" he smirked.

"When dont I, but seriously your body is well, like a gods body, your perfect, your more defined and stronger looking" I said.