Protecting Ruby

Chapter 35

Walking in slowly they tried to surround me. Each picturing how this is going to end with me watching Ruby being killed before they kill me, they want me to feel the pain of loss before they kill me.

"Interesting thoughts, but I guarantee this isn't going to happen how you planned, know one and I mean know one is going to touch my daughter" I said coldly as surprise showed on their faces.

"Oh this is going to go as we planned, you have no royal guards protecting you now" the vampire in front said, I guess she is leader.

I laughed and shook my head,

"I killed all of them that night by myself, I guess Kyle forgot to mention that, twenty odd is nothing to me, I killed a hundred alone that night with just a thought" I smirked.

"BullShit, Kyle said you were the one who told the royal guards they were coming and then hide during the fight, you got them killed, you took them from us and we will kill what's important to you" she shouted.

"Trust me I didn't hide, I'm not a coward like Kyle, I will even give you a little relay of how they died" I smirked.

I looked at five girls in front of and thought of a painful death. Their bodies snapped into a horrible position before they dropped to the floor lifeless. I looked back at their leader "believe me now" I smiled a sickly sweet smile.

She has a gift, I could feel her pulling at the energy around us and sent  it towards me. I used my telekinesis to stop the energy ball inches from my face.

"Nice try, how about I show you how it should be done" I glared at her.

I pulled my own energy and added it to the ball of energy and sent it flying at her hard. It hit a few of them sending them through wall's and door's before they hit the ground hard. One made a run for Ruby but the shield around Ruby sent her flying. I glared at the bitch who thought she could hurt my daughter. I looked at her and thought of the worst pain possible. I watched as she dropped to the floor screaming.

While I focused on her I felt something bounce off me, I turned from the screaming vampire on the floor to find a shocked looking vampire stare at me and then the dagger on the ground. I moved toward her so quickly she didn't see it coming. I landed a hard punch to her face shattering her cheek and jaw. I grabbed her by the throat and snapped her neck making her body fall to the floor, but still alive. The vampires screaming was getting annoying so I thought of death and instantly the screaming stopped. Six dead another fifteen left. I looked at the girl whose neck I broke and let my flames erupt, engulfing her body. The leader came running towards me and I slammed my fist into her chest sending her across the room, knocking the other three girl's behind her down aswell. I let more flames free and wrapped them around the five girls in front of me and watched the flames devour them. The last five vampires surrounded me, smiling. I don't have time to play with these I need to check Ruby is okay. I looked at all of them and with one thought they all fell to the floor dead. I sent flames across each vampire burning away any evidence of what happened here. Satisfied that all the vampire's are nothing but ash I turned around and walked towards Ruby, checking to see if she is okay. She wasn't even upset, the shield must have blocked the noise out. I kissed her forehead and turned around to face my parent's.

"You really are a killer" my mother spat.

"And what are you two, you called them here to kill me and my daughter, I kill to protect the one's I love, you might not kill yourself but you are killer's, how could you let them in here to kill your  daughter and granddaughter, you are fucking disgrace as parent's" I said coldly as I walked towards them.