8.

Majesty A. Collins

The morning sun peeked over the horizon, lighting up the earth

The morning sun peeked over the horizon, lighting up the earth. The wind caused small ripples in the little pond in front of me. A small sound escaped from the leafs because of the slight breeze. The birds sung a beautiful morning melody, awaking all of the animals in the woods.

My hand picked with the small rocks that were next to the pond. I attempted to skip rocks in the water, but failed miserably.

I ripped small parts off of the damp leaf that I had picked up only seconds ago. The setting I was in made me relax. I haven't been this relaxed since I was with Breezy last week. A whole week passed by without me hearing from him. It bothered me more than I expected it to be, but I'll be alright.

I dropped the now ripped up leaf and opened my notebook. My pencil rested between three of my fingers as I stared at the blank page. My brain knew what to write, but my hand didn't know how to write it.

Silence.
It's a secret killer.
Love to hate, hate to love.
Evenings drained.
No where to go.
Cats got your tongue, oh yet again.
Every day, this repeats.

"This is shit." I groaned, slamming my notebook shut.

I threw my pencil in the pond because I had got angry. The small object made the water make a small sound, and a few drops popped up as it sunk to the bottom. I watched as the fish scurried away from the foreign object that now invaded their home.

My phone vibrated in the large jean jacket that I had thrown over my body. I dug around in the pockets until I fished my phone out.

Keiara: I'll be at your place in fifteen so be ready, I know how you are. -10:31am

I scrunched my brows and stared at the message on my screen.

What for? -10:33am

The three dots immediately popped up after I sent my message.

Um, we're doing fall things today like tumblr people.. You forgot already? -10:33am

I replied, trying to convince her that I was only kidding. She didn't buy it though.

 She didn't buy it though