25.

Maj in the mm.

"Where's my shoes?" I rushed around the hotel room.

I sucked my teeth when I realized they were by the bed the entire time. I overlook almost everything.

I threw my large jean jacket over my body before shoving my phone in the pocket and rushing out of my hotel room. I arrived back in NYC early this morning. I slept most of the day away even though it's Thanksgiving. I of course have no family to spend it with, but Jermaine was nice enough to invite me to his family's home for dinner. I felt bad because it seems as if I'll be invading their family time, but Jermaine's mom, Gloria, took his phone from him and talked to me. She promised me it was okay for me to come. I still feel bad though, but it's better than staying in a hotel room and watching movies on my fire stick.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I smiled as I jumped in Jermaine's truck.

"Happy Thanksgiving." He returned the kind gesture. "I'm ready to eat until I can't roll over. Swear a nigga love Thanksgiving."

I laughed and agreed with him. His last sentence made me think of Tobi. I wonder how she's doing and what American family she's with for this holiday.

Is Keiara in Florida with her family?

Maybe I should text her..

No. She's always trying to talk shit about Alex. He's also my husband now and I don't want or need to hear about someone talking bad about him. I'll probably go crazy.

Jermaine's mom lived outside of the city. I enjoyed being outside of the city. I could actually appreciate the autumn leaves.

I hopped out of the big truck and shut the door behind me. I joined Jermaine's side as we walked up the rest of the driveway and to the porch. Jermaine held the screen door open for me before pushing the front door open. I was greeted by the smell of food cooking, it smelled lovely.

Eating red meat today won't hurt.

No one was in sight, but I'm pretty sure Gloria's in the kitchen. Luckily, for me, the only family members attending the Thanksgiving dinner is Jermaine, Gloria and Jermaine's sister Lorraine.

"Momma!" Jermaine's husky voice shouted as he closed the door.

Foot steps brushing against the hardwood floor could be heard before she came in view. "Boy if you don't- oh, hello." She smiled as her eyes landed on me. "You must be Majesty. I'm Gloria!" She pulled me into a big hug.

A giggle left my lips as I returned the hug. "Nice to meet you." My eyes gazed between her and her son. "Wow, you two look so much alike."

"Yep." She smiled up at Jermaine, who towered over her. "This is my big baby."

I awed as Jermaine hugged his mom and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Something I wish I had.

Gloria informed us that dinner wouldn't be ready until another hour or so. "And don't take her up to your room J. Don't want none of that shit going on in my house."

"Ma," he rubbed the back of his neck as embarrassment covered his face. It covered mine also. I mean, I am married. "It's not even like that. I told you she's a friend of mine."

She hummed something before going to the kitchen. Jermaine laughed a little and apologized for his mom. I brushed it off because if it's embarrassing to me I know it's embarrassing to him.

Jermaine and I ended up going to an extra bedroom.