19.

"Majesty, are you crying?" Keiara squinted as she tried to study my face on her screen.

I shook my head, denying her accusation. In reality, I was crying; but I didn't want her to know that. We exchanged a few words before she switched the camera to Ford. He laid at the bottom of her bed while sleeping. A small smile appeared on my face as I stood up from the bathroom floor.

"How did things go with your parents?"

As I opened my mouth to speak a knock was at the door followed by Alex's voice, telling me to open the door. I quickly ended the FaceTime call before Keiara could ask anything.

I slowly unlocked the door. As soon as it made the clicking sound, Alex bursted through the door and snatched my slightly cracked phone.

"Who was that?" He demanded. Alex towered over me, as always, but now I felt even smaller than usual.

"I-it was no one."

He chuckled lowly before grabbing my arm and yanking me out of the bathroom. I had locked myself in after I managed to escape from his grip earlier.

"You know why I gave you that money right?" He raised and eyebrow after he forced me to sit on the bed. I slowly nodded my head, understanding what he wanted me to do. "And when are you going to do it?"

My eyes gazed into his dark ones. He had a stern look on his face as he stared down at me. My heart began to beat at a rapid pace as I felt a wave of nervousness wash all over me.

He wants something that I don't want.

"I..." I found myself afraid to speak. What would he do if I told him the truth? But what would he do if he found out I would lie? "I'm not going to.."

His entire facial expression changed. It seemed as if his mood did too.

Alex pushed me back on the bed and crawled between my legs. His hand harshly grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him.

"What do you mean you're not going to?" He spat. "You're going to get rid of this damn baby Majesty. I don't care how, but you're going to."

My lips parted as my head popped from under the bathtub water. I took a big gasp of air as I realized I nearly drowned from falling asleep in the tub.

I don't know what spooked me more. The reoccurring dream of what happened last week, or the fact that I almost died just now.

After washing up, I forced myself out of the tub and to my bedroom.

"Off to sleep I go.." I mumbled to myself after I threw a large shirt on.

My heavy eyes opened and closed continuously. I tried so hard to fight my sleep, but I felt as if sleep was going to take over any minute now. Waking up at sunrise every morning is very tiring. Sitting in classes everyday is even more tiring.

Life is just tiring.

Fortunately, the bell rung. The loudness of it jolted me awake. Gathering my things, I stood up and practically ran to the cafeteria. I haven't eaten all day, and my stomach was growling all throughout class. It's embarrassing because it does it at the most unexpected moment.

After getting a strawberry and blueberry salad with vinegar dressing, I found an empty table I could sit at. Unlike most people, I don't mind sitting alone and looking like a 'loner'. I rather be alone than to be around people I know who doesn't want what's best for me. Over time humans evolved to think the more people around, the better.