21.

"I know you wanna see me! Wanna see me! Hol' up this ain't gotta be complicated!" I belted the lyrics of Chris Brown as I blasted Before the Party throughout my apartment.

Peeking outside my bedroom window, I noticed the white flakes still falling from the sky. I don't mind the snow. Everyone calls it deadly, but to me it's beautiful. Just like autumn. Everything is dying, yet it's so alluring.

Why are deadly things always the most beautiful?

I grabbed the leather jacket from the chair in my room before wrapping it around my body. It practically swallowed me, but it has his wonderful scent.

As soon as I finished wand curling my hair the doorbell rung.

"Perfect." I smiled to myself before skipping past Ford to the front door. He of course followed behind me while barking. I tried to hush him but he refused to listen. Instead of fully opening the door, I cracked it open. "Do you want to come in or do you want me to come out? I apologize, I have a dog who has a deep hatred against the male race."

Jermaine chuckled. His eyes went down to Ford then back to me. "It's cool, he's just doing his job. But I'm not tryin' to get attacked sooo..."

I giggled and told Jermaine to hold on for a second. I shut the door as I ran back to my room to get my phone. I couldn't leave the door cracked since Ford knows how to open it with his paw. As I was running back to the door, Ford cut in front of me which caused me to fall right on my stomach with a loud thud. My eyes squeezed shut as the pain shot throughout my body.

Falling on my stomach suddenly reminded me of my miscarriage.

"It's okay, I was going to get an abortion anyways." I reminded myself as I stood up from the ground.

Dusting myself off, I then slipped out of my apartment without Ford escaping.

Jermaine sent me a smile as I joined him. We walked in silence down the stairs and to his car. The wind blew the snow right in our faces as soon as we stepped outside.

"So which one's your car?"

"Right here."

I followed behind him as he led me to an old, black car. The car's so old I don't even know what brand it is!

Definitely has nothing on Alex's car.

"Love kills slowly." I read the sticker on his car. "Why do you have this?"

His gaze followed mine as a chuckle left his mouth

"This is my sister's car. I'm borrowing it until mine get out the shop." He explained. "Some dumb ass slashed my tires."

"Wow, people are crazy!"

"Tell me about it."

"I had so many days of crying and pain." Jermaine admitted as he took a sip of his hot chocolate. "Shit got better though, but it'll never be perfect."