38.

Majesty A. Turner

Loud beeps were echoing, causing the beeps to appear in my dream also. It wasn't until Keiara snatched the blankets back that I knew the beeps were real. She looked down at me with an annoyed look on her face since my alarm clock has woken her up for the fourth time this week.

Without saying a word, I sat up and she left the room. Today marks the first day of March. It's almost spring. Today also marks an exact month of Alexander being in jail without having his court hearing yet. The law is so deranged. I can't testify against him because we're married..

We won't be married for long.

As I entered the bathroom I pushed the thought of him out of my mind. I need to better myself and he shouldn't be in my head at all. He's a sick man, a very sick man. If he doesn't go to prison I hope they at least send him to an asylum or rehab. Just somewhere to keep him away from me!

Getting ready for school didn't take long at all. I threw on a pair of jeans with a plain white shirt and red baseball cap. Today is a no makeup kind of day for me. Just a clean, natural face.

It felt as if I haven't been to school in eternity. Because honestly, I haven't. I avoided going outside of Keiara's apartment at all costs. The only time I would leave was to go see Shannon at the New York Daily News headquarters. I haven't even left to see Javier, who I have been ignoring. I've been ignoring everyone. I can't get him involved in my corrupted life, although he would make a nice friend.

As I entered Ms. Bennet's class, all eyes were on me. Not only was I showing up to class for the first time in forever, I was also late by ten minutes. Whispers and rude remarks floated around the air, evaporating near my ear.

I thought she was dead.
The junkie finally decided to join us.
She's probably high as shit.
Gonna end up like Kurt Cobain.
She still fine though.
You think she'd let me hit it if I gave her some drugs?

I didn't even realize I was crying until someone laughed and pointed it out. I didn't even bother to sit down in my usual seat, I sat in the back where no one was located at. Coming here was a mistake. I should've simply stayed in my bed. Who cares that my grade has dropped to a D? I don't. I rather hide away than to hear everyone talk about me. No one knows the truth.

"I'm happy you could join us today." Ms. Bennet sent me a radiant smile.

She may haven't meant any harm by her comment, but everyone in the class seemed to laugh.

Folding my arms on top of one another, I rested them on the desk before burying my head into my arms. Although I tried to sleep, I couldn't. After twenty minutes of trying I gave up and just placed my face in my hands. I was annoyed with the few guys who constantly turned around then looked at their friends before laughing. How old are they? Twenty one and twenty two.

I finally decided to sit up straight and take notes in hopes that the four guys would stop making fun of me.

However, that didn't work.

"Majesty." Ms. Bennet called after me as I rushed out of the door.

She didn't leave her classroom because it was full of immature students who would definitely spread rumors about this. I already knew what the rumors would consist of: "the druggy ran out of the room in the middle of class to go do drugs" "I bet she's going to her plug" and other things along those lines.