10.

Majesty A. Collins

My breathing became quick and heavy as my feet continued to move under me. The music blasting through my beats motivated me to keep going. My other motivation was Ford, who continued to pull on the leash, forcing me to speed up.

He finally began to slow down a bit, allowing me to catch my breath. My free hand held my chest as I let out a breath of relief.

The crisp fall air cooled my body temperature down as I practically fell back on a bench. One of my hands gripped Ford's leash tightly and the other one held my sweating Dasani to my lips. The cold liquid felt like heaven on my dry tongue. It was the best feeling at the moment.

My arm was pulled harshly as Ford went running. The other half of the cold water poured right on my chest. I didn't have time to react to the coldness because I was being pulled across the park. I yelled out Ford's name a few times but he only sped up. My hand dropped the leash, allowing him to run free.

He wasn't running after a squirrel like a normal dog. He's running after a human.

Clutching my empty water bottle in my hand, I took off after Ford. Some people in the park stared at me in confusion and others grabbed their kids to make sure my dog wouldn't attack them. Little do they know, he doesn't attack people unless he feels threatened. But if I were a parent and a dog bigger than my kid was running at full speed, I'd hold my child also.

I slowed down as I saw Ford stop at someone's feet. The guy squatted down and began to rub Ford's furry face. Furrowing my brows, I now stood in front of the two of them. When the guy looked up and pulled his hood off of his head I had to refrain myself from snatching Ford and leaving.

"You still want that plate back?" I cocked an eyebrow and folded my arms across my chest.

He stood up straight and stared down at me. Instead of looking down at him, I was now tilting my head back just to see his face.

"Nah." He licked his lips while shaking his head. For some reason I felt my stomach tingling as I studied his face. The sun shined on his face, making it look like something straight from a movie scene. "Look, I apologize for how I acted that day. Lemme take you out to make up for it." He pleaded with a look of sincerity on his face.

Glancing down at Ford, he seemed to like him. If your dog likes someone then that says a lot.

"I don't go out with people whose name I don't know."

I couldn't give in to him too easily though.

"Go out with me on a date and I'll tell you." He challenged.

"Will food be involved?"

He nodded his head yes and pursed his lips, waiting for my answer.

"Okay, I'll go out with you Breezy." I cracked a small smile.

He smiled also, but his was bigger than mine.

"I'll text you everything. Is there a day you're free?"

"Saturday." I replied.