Chapter 46 - Busy, so Busy

I do apologise to Mother later for being so harsh with my words, but it's not like that it's going to fix our relationship. It's been too many years of a carefully pretence that we are still somehow mother and daughter once a year. Still, I didn't want to hurt her just because I couldn't have a better control of my emotions. In my defence, it's been hard with everything going on and her just showing up, saying she'd take me with her was the last straw.

I honestly thought she'd leave when I refused to go with her, but to my surprise—and everyone's, to be honest— Mother goes to what used to be also her home, the one she couldn't accept and flee from. This is something Louise tells me that happened because I was not there to see when my mother went to confront my stepmother.

According to Louise, Mother barged inside the house, demanding to see Laura. My stepmother, surprised to see my mother there, tried to act as civil as possible, without revealing the threat she represented.

Technically, Laura and my mother have equally as much right to the company and no matter what problems we have, mother is still my mother and still one of my biological parents. Even if my parents divorced long ago, I guess my father never really forgot about her and a part of him always loved Mother because he left something under her name. The house is legally under mine and Mother as the only remaining biological parent I have, went to kick Laura out of the house in my stead.

"You tried to kill my daughter and now you keep her away? You get out of this house before I decide to get justice with my own hands!" Louise told me Mother screamed in her accented English. Mother has always being fluent in English, but just as my father, she also has a Chilean accent. "And you stay away from her until you get behind bars."

"I never tried to kill your daughter!" Laura protested, that hypocrite bastard. "It's all just a misunderstanding. I love Blanca, I'd never—"

"No!" Mother cut her in. "You don't lie to my face. Disappear from this house and pray the other inmates have mercy of you, because that's where you'll rot."

Louise told me that Laura tried to resist, but Mother was so angry she literally grabbed Laura by the hair and dragged her out of the house, with my stepmother kicking and screaming, threatening to sue Mother and more. And after that, she and Louise took the great pleasure to throw all of Laura's belongings out of the window, like in a Hollywood movie.

I have to admit I would've loved to be there.

It was after Mother came to the office at the company to tell me she took care of Laura that I apologised to her. Of course, I didn't know the kind of show she put up until later, when Louise told me.

I was also told that Mother took all my stuff back home and that Will helped her, which made me incredibly nervous to imagine those two together. But Mother said Will was a nice boy and she was glad I had found someone so reliable and kind.

Even with all this going on, I haven't had time to go and see for myself what kind of conversations my mother and boyfriend are having, or what the house looks like now. I have bigger problems to deal with, like how the media is harassing me.

It was to be expected, everyone wanting to know more details about what happened, wanting my statement regarding how things are progressing and wanting to know more of where I was and how my time there was. Louise and I are doing our best to protect the Dream House and I've talked to Clarisse just to make sure things are all right over there. She told me that the policeman who I met at the bar and who accidentally helped Laura to find me is doing his best to protect everyone at the Dream House, keeping all the reporters that manage to follow the leads to them away from the place that protected me for six months.