The First Task and A Ball

EDITED
Two days after we returned to Hogwarts, it was time for the first task. Fleur had to retrieve the golden egg from the dragon. I was sitting beside Lee and my brothers in the stands, Lee to my left, Fred, George and Ron to my right. I cheered on Fleur as she tries to retrieve the egg.

"Oh no..." I groan as Fleur's skirt catches on fire. But nonetheless, she gets the egg in the end! I cheer, clapping my hands as she walks to the medi-witch to check for injuries.

Next it is Cedric Diggory. He transfigured a rock into a labrador, trying to distract the dragon. It worked to begin with, until the dragon turned around and snorted out fire. At this point, Diggory was running, and he did aquire the egg, but he also acquired several bad burns.

The third to compete was Viktor Krum. He shot a Conjuctivis Curse at the dragon's eyes, blinding it. Shocked, the dragon runs around aimlessly, crushing some of its eggs. Krum runs in and gets the egg in the fastest time so far.

Finally, it was Harry. He walked out and muttered an incantation. Suddenly, a broom comes flying towards him! He jumps on it, and starts to weave his way around the dragon, getting the dragon tangled up in its chains. Dipping down, Harry retrieves the egg.

"Bloody hell!" Ron utters.

"See I told you so!" gloated Hermione. "I told you Harry didn't enter himself-"

She is cut off by Ludo Bagman. "Wow, what a task! Now, for the points!"

A/N this isn't exactly the same, I have changed some events slightly. Mostly due to pure laziness and bad memory. Feel free to correct it, if you want.

Fleur receives two sevens, a six and an eight.

Cedric receives two eights, a seven and a nine.

Viktor receives a ten, two eights and a seven.

And Harry receives two nines, a ten, and a four from Karkaroff.

Lee and the twins start yelling about the blatant bias, as Harry stands there. Ron and Hermione start to make their way down. I grab Lee and make him follow me down to Fleur.

"Fleur!" I yell. "How are you?"

"Fine, fine. There eez no burns." Fleur replies nonchantly, as if her skirt wasn't just on fire.

"You are insane!" I decide. "But what is in that golden egg?"

"A clue eez in there I think. I haven't opened it yet." Fleur starts to look nervous for the approaching second task.

"It isn't until February." I reassure her. "Take it down to the carriages tonight, and we can try to work it out."

"Thanks Xandria."

That night, Fleur and I are sitting in our carriage, and Fleur decides to prise open the egg. A shrill voice is released, hurting our ears. Fleur closes the egg.

"That was like the merpeople's singing, like what we studied last year!" I suggest excitedly.

"Where eez there water?" Fleur shouts, frustrated.

"Calm down Fleur! Another three months away!" I shout in response, ending the conversation. With that we fall asleep.

Uneventful weeks have passed, and it is already the second week of December! During Transfiguration, Madame Maxime came in to tell us about the Yule Ball. Fleur, as she is a champion, has to start the dance. And of course, she is delighted about this. Madame Maxime has given us all permission to go down to Hogsmeade to buy our gowns.

I decide on a long, gold cocktail dress, with black strappy heels. I also bought a black bracelet to match. Fleur, however, bought a blue dress, similar to what a princess would wear. Lee has already asked me, but for poor Fleur, EVERYONE has asked her. Even Ron!

"I hate being part veela." Fleur mutters after yet another person asks her.

"Just agree to the next one, then they'll stop." I suggest.

Just after I said that, a 6th year Ravenclaw, came over to Fleur and asks her to the Ball. Fleur agrees, keeping in mind what I said.

"It could've been worse." I reassure her. "He seems nice enough."

She nods, but still looks nervous.

Soon, it was Christmas Eve. Fleur, Ginny, Hermione, Angie and I spent the day getting ready. Hermione won't tell us who she is going with. Ginny is going with Neville and Angie is going with Fred. We slightly wave our hair, but Hermione puts a anti-frizz product in her hair. At 7pm, Lee comes and walks me down to the Great Hall. Before we go in, I kiss Lee, and hug him tightly.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too."

We walk in, hand in hand, and start dancing. I tell him some curse words in French. He tells me of Ginny's infamous Bat-Boogey Hex. I see Harry and Ron sitting on their own, looking grumpy and bored.

"Look at poor, ickle Ronniekins! All by himself!" I comment. Lee snorts with laughter.

"You're Fred and George's sister alright!" Lee responds laughing.

"And you are their best friend alright!" I reply, laughing also.

At about 1 o' clock, we go up to the Gryffindor common room. It is desolate, so we start to make out on the couch, until we notice an angry Ron, who looks like Lee may be murdered.

"Why is my older sister, snogging my brothers best friend in public?" Ron says, deathly quite, but his voice getting louder as the conversation progresses.

"Ron, Lee is my boyfriend of more than two months, I have every right to-"

"Have people think your a slut, yeah?"

"I haven't slept with anyone! I definitely haven't cheated on Lee, so I am not exactly- anyway the common room was empty until you came in!" I reply, my face turn a dangerous shade of red.

"It is alright Lexi.... just ignore him, we can go down to your carriages." Lee murmurs, hugging me tightly.

I nod in agreement, glaring at Ron, before deciding to true in an offensive comment.

"You are even worse then Percy the Prude!"

I laugh, running down to the carriages, Lee in tow. Thankfully Fleur isn't here yet. We rush inside, and sit down together on a beanbag. We start kissing, and I end up pressed against a wall, all while still snogging. We are curled up together when we hear a strict "Ahem."

I look up startled, and see.... Fleur.

"Fleur! I thought you were Madame Maxime, or McGonagall! " I say relieved.

"Imagine!" Fleur scoffs. "Ten points from Gryffindor, for teenage hormones!"

Lee smirks and I kiss him on the nose.

"Didn't know you were awake Sleeping Beauty?" I ask Lee, who seems to have become Sleeping Beauty again. I relax, and say to Fleur, "We will stay here until the morning." And I fall asleep in Lee's arms.