The Second Task

EDITED
It was mid - February and the second task was upon us. It was happening the next day, and I had to go to McGonagall's office. Remembering the rhyme, I realise where I was going, and decide to inform Lee. Immediately, his jaw clenched and I can feel him tense.

"Lee, it is either me, or a young 11 year old girl! Anyway, we wouldn't be put down there if it was dangerous anyways!" I try to reassure him. Lee starts to relax a little.

"Fine, but you better make it out of there alive, okay?"

"Sure Lee, tell Fred and George okay? They'll want to know." I ask him.

He nods in agreement, kissing me as we say goodbye.

I enter McGonagall's office, and see Hermione, Ron and another girl from Ravenclaw. I sit down as McGonagall enters.

"As you know, the second task is tomorrow, and it is required that the champion must 'save' the person closest to them. Of course you will be in no danger to begin with. Now, I must put several charms on you, and when you next wake up, you will be by the lake."

McGonagall muttered some charms, and next thing I knew, I was asleep.

Fred POV

"Guys!" we hear Lee call us. "Lexi is at the bottom of the lake!-"

"WHAT!" we yell.

Why is our triplet underwater? Was- My thoughts are interrupted by George.

"Why? Who was it? Let me-" George starts, flexing his knuckles menacingly.

"She told me tell you, it is to do with the Tri-Wizard Tournament!" Lee shouts, trying to get our attention.

"Was it Bagman?" I ask.

"No, it was McGonagall, it is for the second task-" Lee gets interrupted again.

I calm down slightly, and see George visibly relaxing.

"So you are missing your snogging partner now?" George asks Lee, trying to diffuse the tension. Lee glares at him as Ginny walks in.

"Anyone seen Ron or Xandria? They are gone somewhere-" Ginny starts.

"Oh they are chilling at the bottom of the Lake with the squid." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"They aren't really, are they?" Ginny asks curiously.

"Yes. It is for the second task...." Lee says slowly, looking down.

"Oh yes, I forgot. Well, I am going to find Harry, bye"

Fleur POV

It was the morning of the challenge, and Xandria is at the bottom of the lake, I feel like vomiting and crying at the same time. We have practiced the Bubble Charm before, so I will be using it.

"3, 2, and 1, BEGIN!!!"

I mutter the charm and jump in. About 20 minutes later, I come across some Grindylows who jump me! I am dragged down and all I see is black. I wake up on land, covered by a blanket, with Fred, George and Lee running over to me.

"Where is our sister?" yell Fred and George, while Lee just looks worried.

"Just shut up guys okay?" Lee orders Fred and George.

They looked shocked, as Lee is usually the calm one.

"Are you alright mate?" Fred asks Lee concerned.

"Oh I am so happy, my girlfriend is on the bottom of a lake!" Lee snaps.

I sit down crying, shaking. "It is all my fault."

Lee looks shocked, where as Fred and George look slightly guilty.

"No, it isn't!" Lee insists.

I see Cedric come out with Cho, followed by Viktor with Hermione.

"Where eez 'arry?" I ask. Then I see him, carrying Ron and Xandria out of the water. "Xandria!" I shout, running over to Harry. I hug her, then immediately turn over to Harry. "Oh 'arry, you saved Xandria's life!" I kiss him on the cheek, before turning to Ron.

"Oh Ron! You helped!" I kiss him on the cheek, as he turns maroon. Hermione bursts into laughter.

Alexandria POV

I wake up to see Fleur kissing Ron.

"Merde! Fleur! Tu aimes mon petit frère?" I ask incredulously. She bursts out laughing.

"No, no! 'arry saved your life!" Fleur exclaims. "Ron 'ere 'elped him!"

"Fleur..... Ron was out cold, and I wasn't in danger..." Now Fleur glares at Ron.

"Lee!" I cry, running towards him. I kiss him, and hug him, and do anything other than make out with him in front of everyone.

"I love you." I whisper into Lee's ear.

"I love you too." Lee whispers back. I giggle, as Fred and George come running over to me.

"Such public shows of affection disgust us." George mutters.

"Ah, you love me really."

George rolls his eyes, whereas Fred starts to ask a question.

"How was the bottom of a lake?" Fred inquires.

"Ask Ron! I was asleep." I say grumpily.

"My favourite triplet! As you love me so much, you can tell me. I won't tell Lee if you snogged the giant squid-"

I glare at him. "I did not snog the giant squid!" Lee walks over asking "You snogged who?"

"Fred said I snogged the giant squid-"

Lee roars out laughing, while I slap Fred.

We walk back to the castle, and the next two months pass by, until it is the week of the final task. Fleur is worrying nonstop, and according to Fred and George, Lee and I are kissing nonstop, but we are excited anyways. Tonight, Fleur has to go to the Quidditch Pitch with the other champions, so I'll be spending time with Lee in the school.

When I arrive, I hear a giant yell. I run inside to see Fred vomiting constantly, George's nose bleeding and Lee laughing his head off. I raise my eyebrow, and perform some wandless magic.

"How did you stop it?" Lee asks.

"Just a finite spell." I answer, kissing Lee on the nose. He blushes and Fred and George go "Awwww!"

I sit down on Lee's lap, cross my legs, and ask the boys what they were doing.

"Weasley Wizard Weazes!" they chant. "Those were Nosebleed Nougat and Puking Pastilles!"

I grin. "Can I help?"

We spent the night making and planning different ideas. From Babbling Biscotti, to Fainting Fancies, we really got a lot of work done! We all fell asleep in the common room, Fred and George on the floor, and Lee and I together on the armchair. The rest of the week flies by, and soon, it is the morning of the final task.