The Third Task

EDITED
While walking down to the Quidditch Pitch, I decide to interrogate Lee.

"Do you know what day it is?" I ask.

"April Fools or your birthday." Lee answers promptly.

"What else?" I question again.

"Prank Fred and George Day?" he suggests. I nod in agreement.

"Maybe we should pretend we can't hear them, we can get Angie to play along as well!" I suggest, smirking.

"Imagine. Socialites, Fred and George Weasley, ignored by everyone, never being heard-"

"That sounds quite sad actually." I comment.

We stop about 50 feet away from the Quidditch Pitch.

"Happy Birthday, Lexi, Lex, Xandria, Alexandria, all of your names, even T-Lex." Lee says romantically.

"I love you Lee Jordan."

"And I love you and all of your names also, Alexandria Weasley."

We kiss. Passionately. Like we have never kissed before. We are there by ourselves for 5 minutes before Ginny walks by.

"Get a room, you two!" she yells at us.

I glare at her, before Lee chuckles. "You Weasleys have the worst temper!"

Now Lee receives a warning glare.

"Right, right. Sorry Lexi." Lee mumbles as I grin. We walk into the arena hand in hand, finding seats in front of Hermione and Ron, who looking anxiously out at the maze.

"It hasn't started yet Hermione. Calm down!" I try to soothe her.

"But, there is something wrong! I can sense it! You must believe me, there is something wrong!" Hermione despairs.

"You are just nervous- wait, where is old Mad-Eye going?" Ron says.

"Mad-Eye?" I inquire. "Who is he?"

"Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Lee mutters. "They say the job is cursed. No one has kept it for longer than a year!"

"They say You-Know-Who cursed the job." Hermione continues darkly. "Ever since Dumbledore refused him the job, no one has kept it longer than a year. Someone even died once."

A look of worry crosses over my face. "What Mum has been informed of how he may be back. Couldn't he just get one of his Death Eaters to take a polyjuice potion and go in?"

"Maybe that is what is in Moody's flask..." Ron muses. "I mean, wait nevermind-"

Ron's entire face turns red, but Hermione looks thoughtful. "He always looks like he is drinking something unpleasant, but I had always thought it was some sort of medicine."

I nod in agreement. "I'll go get Fred and George. Lee, we will have to postpone our prank."

Both of our faces are full of sorrow.

"We can record if anything unusual happens, or anything that has happened-"

"Ron and I will do that!" Hermione volunteers.

"Okay, then Lee, Fred, George and I shall overlook it all, and see if we can catch any sabotage or the like."

We walk over to Fred and George, who are with Angelina, who we decide to tell as well.

"Follow us, and make sure no one follows us." Lee and I mutter in their ears. They nod, and, as inconspicuously as possible, walk outside. After making sure no one is near, we fill Fred, George and Angelina in on what we figured out.

"But, why Mad-Eye? Come on, he was my favourite! After the ferret incident, he has been my role model, my idol." George complains.

"A ferret?" I inquire. "What did he do with a ferret?"

"He just transfigured Malfoy into a ferret, flew him around a bit, forced him to do thimgs against his will, but it was brilliant!" Fred informs me.

"Anyway," Angie interrupts us, "back to our plan. Fred, George and I can take one side, and you two lovebirds can take the other. We will spread out a bit, and make sure to remember any shady actions as clearly as you can, so we can show our memories to Dumbledore."

We agree on this plan, before Lee and I walk off in one direction hand in hand, and Fred, George and Angelina walk the other way. When we return, the games are about to begin, and we notice Moody place the cup in the centre, mutter something, and disappear out. Lee, as he is taller, goes up on his toes to see where he went, while I watch the champions. Cheering for Fleur, I chant her name. That is, until I see red sparks from above Viktor Krum. Lee curses furiously, and I know he saw something. But it is another half an hour until I see anything myself.

I see Fleur get stunned by someone, I look up and see someone hobbling away. Fleur gets pulled under a bush. Now it is my turn to curse. Thankfully, Cedric or Harry finds her, and sends up red sparks. McGonagall rushes over there, and I can see she isn't impressed. She obviously knows something is up. Now it is between Cedric and Harry. They are running to the centre, where they stop to have a conversation. Finally, it seems like they have come to an agreement. They clutch the cup at the same time and vanish.

"It is a port key!" I say exasperated. "Should we show the other Professors our evidence-"

There is an unanimous agreement, and we approach Professor McGonagall.

"Professor?" Hermione starts. "During the maze, we saw someone mess with the cup, and we thought we should show you some memories, along with this list comprised of evidence that Ron and I worked out."

McGonagall seems taken aback for a second before composing herself and instructing us to follow her. We walk to a small private office under the stands, where we sit down on the chairs provided.

"Now, who has memory evidence?" McGonagall inquires, and Fred, George, Lee, Angelina and I raise our hands.

"Now, I want you to think of that memory as clearly as possible, and I will know if you change anything. Okay?" she looks down at us sternly. She goes by us one by one, then examines the list of evidence Ron and Hermione made.

"We must inform, Professor Dumbledore immediately." McGonagall instructs us. We nod, and follow her back out to see Harry being led out by none other than 'Moody' himself.