Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

I am the sorting hat,
I may look old, and grey, like I was beat up by a bat,
But I am the sorting hat.

Many a student has worn me, wondering where to go,
And some already know,
Only one has ever asked me my name,
One has only ever called me Mister Hat.

The sorting hat said this with a surprising amount of bitterness, sending a pointed look at me.

Are you of Ravenclaw,
Where resides those with a sharp mind,
Are you of Gryffindor,
Of where the brave stand tall,
Are you of Hufflepuff,
Who takes in the loyal,
Or are you in Slytherin,
Where the cunning and ambitious wait in line.

The hat finishes. I pull out a list.

Aston, Nathan.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

The sorting ceremony continued like that.

Finally once "Zarnet, Haley" had been sorted into Ravenclaw, that I could sit in my seat, and start eating.

"Did you like my surprise for Umbridge?" I ask Minnie (McGonagall).

Everyone looks up at me. I shrug.

"How did you get in here anyway?" Professor Sprout asks.

I smirk. "I strolled in, teamed up with Peeves, did the thing with the swamp, went to the Gryffindor Tower. Then I went to Minnie's office. After that, I went back to the shop, until I remember I should have visited the sorting hat. He really hates me y'know."

Flitwick laughs at my bluntness.

I see Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny with Dean. I wave, but they seem too concerned about something else to notice.

I frown inside. Something was up with them.

After the feast, I head to my office and room. I write a letter to Lee, send Athena to him with it, before going over the class schedule I had made.

Everything seemed to be in order, so I went to bed for the night.

I had class first thing the next morning, so I got up, showered, put on my robes and makeup, and did my hair.

Eventually, I was ready for my first class as Professor Weasley.

I walked into the classroom, organised my desk, and ate an oatmeal breakfast bar. At 9am exactly, Hermione, followed by Harry and Ron, entered the  classroom.

"I did know you had applied for DADA professor Xandria." Hermione remarks.

"After seeing Umbridge last year, I decided you poor children needed to learn something.

Soon, all Gryffindor and Slytherin sixth years had gathered in the room.

"Good morning class! I am Professor Weasley, soon to be Jordan, but you may all call me Xandria." I announce, and my sharp ears catch Malfoy whispering something in someone's ear.

I glare at him. "Mister Malfoy has something he wants to share with the class! Or at least I hope so, otherwise he'll be in big trouble."

Malfoy looks down. I know what head said.

"I heard you." I say deathly quiet. "Five points from Slytherin for insulting teachers, as well as lying. No disrespect in my class."

I shake my head and turn back to the class.

"Today, we will be learning about different hexes and jinxes. Take an anti-jinx hat each, and I'll explain." I start.

"So, these hats are myself and my fellow triplets work. They prevent harm from all minor hexes and jinxes, and a few major ones. Not the Unforgivables though."

"Everyone will wear one of these. Their hat MUST remain on them at all times. You will be practicing jinxing and hexing each other, but you only will practice the ones I put on the board. I will show you the hand movements and the counter."

"The hats will prevent any pain, and will break the jinx or hex after approximately ten seconds." I finish.

I turn to the board, and start writing different hexes and jinxes on the board.

When I am finished, I turn back around. Looking directly at most of he Gryffindors from the DA last year, I say, "I know some of you know some of these hexes and jinxes already. This is just a revision class, so you can catch up on everything you missed last year when the pink toad was teaching."

A couple of Gryffindors laugh. "Now pair up, put on the hats and start practicing!"

Harry and Ron pair up, Hermione and Neville, Seamus and Dean, Parvati and Lavender and so on.

They start hexing and jinxing each other. Until I notice Malfoy removing his hat.

"Stop!" I yell. I run to stop Crabbe from hexing, cast a Protego and walk towards them.

"Why did you do that?" I hiss. "I told you all to keep your hats on your head! Be glad you weren't injured, as that was a particularly strong hex that Crabbe was about to cast and it wasn't on the board. 10 points from Slytherin for blatant disobedience."

I knew why Malfoy was going to do. He wanted a replay of the Hagrid and Buckbeak situation. But that wasn't going to happen.

After class, Ron, Harry, Hermione and Neville stay back.

"Are you okay Xandria?-" Ron asks but I cut him off.

"Malfoy tried to get a repeat of the Hagrid-Buckbeak incident! That annoying, attention-seeking, little ferret!" I am seething with anger.

"What?" Hermione almost yells. "But you're a good teacher!"

"Thank Hermione. But he and his merry band of Fod followers don't want another Order member in the school." I mutter. Poor Neville looks confused.

"Fod?" Neville asks.

"Xandria calls Voldemort Fod, as his name means Flight of Death in French, as it is the first letter-" Harry answers.

Neville nods in understanding.

"You're a good teacher Xandria." Ron reassures me as they leave for the next class. "Don't worry!"

I teach another class of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, which goes without trouble. Then it is time for lunch.

I head to the Great Hall. Sitting down, Minnie asks me how my first classes went.

"Mostly well." I answer. "But Malfoy made insulting a comments about my family, then purposely took of his anti-jinx hat, and got Crabbe to shoot a jinx at him, which I had not told them to use on the board. Luckily, I cast a Protego charm before the spell hit, then Slytherin lost another 10 points."

Minnie shakes her head. "That child..." she murmurs.

"There is something going on with him. He is probably marked already."