Leaving with a Bang

It was the start of February, and things were getting boring. Umbridge found out about the DA, Lee and I kissed, Fred, George and I pranked Umbridge, Lee and I kissed, I got detention, well you get my drift.

That was when we had the perfect opportunity. Harry and Co. needed a distraction, so they can talk to Sirius, via Umbridge's office.

An we agreed. We walked down to the opposite end of the school, I kissed Lee goodbye, told him I would visit, and whatever.

Then I released a box of our new, custom-made fireworks. Things went boom.

Then, George spawned the swamp in the Great Courtyard, while Fred and I summoned our brooms.

We opened two more boxes of fireworks, flew around the school waving, then left, heading for Diagon Alley.

Once we reached Hogsmeade, we apparated to the new headquarters of Weasleys Wizard Wheezes in Diagon Alley.

After a day of painting and sorting, the ship was finally open for business! As there wasn't much business yet, we kept most of our time creating.

By the end of March, we had Invisibility Hats, Jinx Proof Scarves, fake wands, Love Potions, and several batchs of Nosebleed Nougats, Fainting Fancies, Puking Pastilles, Babbling Bonbons, and loads more!

I was reading a letter from Lee, when Fred apparated in front of me, with a slight frown on his face.

"Mum is coming over, with Bill and Charlie. Be prepared." Fred warns me, before popping away again.

I tidied up my desk, sorted my notes, then apparated to the front of the shop.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? I TOLD YOU TO STOP THIS JOKE IDEA OF YOURS!" Mum is yelling, and I manage to apparate right in front of her.

"You! You should have told us! Ron was telling us that they haven't managed to remove to swamp yet-" Mum starts, but I, the idiot interrupts her.

"Lee was saying that! Apparently, Flitwick and McGonagall said the spell work was very complex, and that it was done very well." I comment, earning a glare from Mum, and smirks from my two eldest brothers.

"You should have finished-" Mum starts, but I hold up my hand, my face deadly serious.

"Look what she did to my hand. Do you see the writing? She was doing that to eleven year olds." I say, and Mum stops, looks at my hand an gasps.

"She made you use Blood Quills? That's illegal!" Mum stammers, and I smirk.

"That is why I
we don't want to work at the Ministry. That is who Percy works for."

I walk out, heading back for my desk, leaving Mum speechless.

An owl comes in, leaving another letter from Lee, and one from Fleur also.

"Thanks." I mutter to Athena, my owl, as she flies to her cage.

I open the letters.

Dear Lexi,

Umbridge has gotten worse... She tried to fire Hagrid today, as well as Trelawney. Ginny said to me that she is heading to the Department of Mystery with Harry, Ron, Hermione and Co. I have a bad feeling about it, so please tell the Order. Can't wait to see you next week.