Into the Streets

"Gudiya!"

"Ready Popz!"

"Samhaalke jaana theek hein! Aur Sanjeev ke saath math chodna!"

"Popz! Ab mein badi ho gayi hun! Woh bandar se kaho ki Simmi aur Rinni already mall mein meri wait kar rahi hein aur mujhe sirf wahaan drop karke nikal sakthe hein. And I will manage my return!"

"Papa isse kaho ki mujhe uski stupid saheliyon ke saath shopping karne se bhi important cheezen deal karne padthi hein!"

"Aye kisko stupid bola?"

"Arre! Kisi ko bhi nahi meri ma! Ab chale?"

"Mumbai sheher mein 16 saal ki ladki akeli rah sakthi hein, chal sakthi hein aur sabki munh band bhi kar sakthi hein!"

"Agar woh Sharon Rai Prakash ho toh! Hein na?! Hahahaha!!!" 

Sharon Rai Prakash was the youngest daughter of the business tycoon Sanjay Rai Prakash. Because she was the only girl child to the other three brothers, she was pampered undoubtedly a lot! And hence she grew to be an arrogant, independent-but-maybe-dependent-depending-the-situation-kind-of-princess.

But nevertheless of her arrogance she was highly talented and beautiful. At the age of four, she was sent to London School of Dancing because of her desire and passion. At the the age of fourteen, she was known as the 'Dancing Cinderella' because of all the awards and recognition in the field. Her fame grew from between the tycoons to all the common through the media and internet. It was her biggest luck to have become a celebrity at such a younger age. By the age of sixteen, her fame had added another reason for her arrogance along with the pampering from her parents. There was nothing she couldn't get, that never when she didn't get what she wanted.

But the life of a celebrity or that of a dancer never affected her academics and hence her goal was already set. She was to move to New York from London after the summerbreak which she was now spending in her parents' early house in Mumbai, India. Never she would have agreed to stay if she wouldn't have had met the sisters Simmi and Rinni, daughters of the NRI Jyothinath Sharma, at the airport. 

"I'll pick you up after three hours. Meet me at Bay store okay Sharon?" Sanjeev informed her while dropping her off at the mall.

"Yeah, whatever!" 

Sharon got out of the foreign sedan in her purple shades, burgundy skirt and velvet shawl and a small handbag. Her curly hair was let down and showed brown strands along with the complete brunette. Her lips were painted red and anyone could figur a guess on how much hours she took to get ready. Her bracelet was lined with platinum and her nails polished purple to sync with the glasses. If she couldn't continue being a dancer, then she definitely could enter smoothly into the fashion industry.

The grey sedan sped away once she entered the building. She didn't hate her brother but neither was she fond of him. Unlike her rich parents or her arrogance and fame, Sanjeev liked a simple life of a normal guy. Even though he too was a good dancer like Sharon, he chose not to spend a lot on dance and rather concentrate on his medical education. But there was something he hid from everybody. Some place that he visited at times. 

"Sharon babe! We had started to think you'd never come!"

"Don't be silly Simmi! Sharon never breaks a promise!"

"I don't know why people say that! How can promises be broken? Glass thodi hein!"

"Rinni! If promises are not kept, it's phrased to have been 'broken'! Alright?!"

"There is no doubt, ki bhagwaan ne tumhe akal aur use sirf shakl diya hein!"

"Hey! What do you mean? Ki meri shakl acchi nahi hein?"

"Lets not waste time! Meri credit card abhi aur intezer nahi kar sakthi. Lets go to that bag store!"

"Hey, subject change math karo! Sharon! Sharon!"

Sanjeev drove his car inside an old, shut market godown. There were two other cars and many bikes parked along the side. There was only one tube light lit inside the godown and under it was a crowd cheering for something happening in its centre. Suddenly the cheering got louder along with the start of a stereo and an unrecognsed figure jumped outside. 

Every eyes turned into the moving figure who had covered the face with a scarf and sported the best accessories anyone could ask for. Suddenly he turned to the crowd and threw his scarf away revealing a bearded face and hair tied behind. In the next moment he back flipped twice syncing to the beats of the FloRida song and balanced himself upside down, spinning the next moment and jumping away into the darkness.

"Welcome to the streets brothers and beautiful ladies! Those new hew here can stick to the experienced guys and all the beauties here are offered a night with me, Harry the Singh! okay?! Okay!! So that's a no again? Okay! The Singh forgives all the girls... Toh aaj pesh hein mera naya yaar Sanjeev jo SW ko challenge karne aaya hein. Sanjeev bro, pass aao toh!" Sanjeev went near the turben tied guy who called himself Harry. He seemed a guy around early thirties and sported complete facial hair enough to demand respect even if of a height around 5.5 ft.

Harry turned to address everyone. "Sanjeev bro hospital mein jaisa hulla machaata waise hi hip hop mein karthe hein yahi maine suna hein. Aur yahaan pehli baar aate hi SW ko challenge kiya? Well! Thaakh deta hun bhai aapko, aur kya lucky nikla aap bhi! SW ko pata lag gaya aur woh humaare yahaan shaamil ho chuka hein! SW jo hamare pichle 14 street meets mein kabhi nahi haara aur naa kisi ne use pehchaan paaya, woh challenge accept kiya hein! Aur yeh duel shuru hota hein..." suddenly the music started and everything went black. 

The next second everybody started screaming as the police sirens buzzed in the godown.

Three hours passed and Sanjeev hadn't come to the mall. Sharon had been wating for the past half an hour in the bay shop along with Simmi and Rinni.

"Sharon agar tum kehte ho to humaare car mein bhi jaa sakthe hein!"

"Nahi Simmi, tum dono jaao! I'll be alright. Woh bandar thodi der mein aate hi honge! Always late! Aur toh aur yahaan paparazzi bhi nahi dikh rahi! So..."

"Maybe tum yahaan akele rahogi toh humaare Anita deedi ki tarah you'll also find yourself a fiance!" Rinni exclaimed.

"What?!" Sharon and Simmi shouted back together.

"Woh ek fixed meeting thi bewakoof!"

"Oh! Phir bhi meeting toh thi!"

"Simmi please ise leke jaao! Mera dimaag garam ho raha hein!"

Simmi took the cue and dragged Rinni away with her. Sharon sat back with the many plastic bags containing tons of stuff she bought and started working on her iphone. The shopkeeper chose not to disturb her and even the customers stayed away.

Then she got startled with a voice out of nowhere, as though it seemed.

"Aaptha hi naam Shalen hai thya?" 

to be continued...