Girlfriend

As Sharon sat on the chairs in the air conditioned waiting room of the airport, working out a plan forward her days in New York. She couldn't go forward to the counter for the next flight back to Mumbai, that easily.

She had the option to call her father who was in the country in business but didn't want him to worry about her. The past year had taught her many things, about how nice it would be to start caring for people who cared for her. As she swiped on the contact list in her phone for the 2 hours, having many thoughts replaying in her mind, and the pending decision whom to call she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned back and found a familiar girl of about her same age or maybe younger, in a simple T-shirt and jeans.

"Taani?"

"Wow! Aur main yahaan socha ki aap bhool hi gaye honge humko..."

"No! What are you saying? Oh my god, its so nice to see you again! Aur tum kabhi India naa aake bhi desi lag rahi ho!"

"Um.. Sharon, mein Mumbai jhe saal thehri thi... Last year lauta waapis yahaan!"

"Arre toh tum mujse milne kyun nahi aayi? Main bhi toh wahi rehthi hun?"

"Offo Sharon! Abhi yahin baithe baatein karthe rahegi yaa mere saath ghar chalegi?"

"Oh, I don't know Taani..."

"Main aapko collect karne, I mean yahaan akele jhodne waali nahi hun... Aapko mere saath aana hi padega..." She insisted.

Meanwhile at 'Destiny'.
"...and so I asked her for the..." Vicky said to Nil, with Swayam and Visakha in the background.

"So you danced with Sharon, BIG DEAL!!!" Swayam got irritated at Vicky who had kept on repeating this same story about how there was Rose day celebrated at St. Louis and that Sharon got left alone because Rey was dancing with Kria and nobody was brave enough to ask her for a dance and how Vicky boldly held her hands to the floor and they danced to the romantic music. He kept this on and on from the moment they had stepped on to the caravan till they got settled in the rooms of Swayam's dance company building. He had roomed arrangements for the homeless dancers and dancers coming from a long distance to stay at his company.

"Swayam, woh aisi waisi dance nahi tha! Couple dance you know...." Vicky smirked as he posed in the dance position as if holding Sharon by her waist and one hand in hand. Swayam responded his reply by kicking the chair nearby and it flew out to the corridor.

"Kya hua Swayam? Meine kuch galat kaha?" Vicky raised his eyebrows pouting at his friends. Visakha slapped her forehead as every single action of Vicky was d now pissing Swayam off.

"Haan tuh hum sabke dimaag khaa rahe ho Vicky! Ab bas bhi karo! Sharon ne tumhaare saath dosti ke naathe dance ki thi... Woh hum sabko pata hein aur tumhe bhi..." Visakha said on behalf of Swayam while he brought back the chair from a distance of five doors away in the walkthrough.

"Dekho humaare paas zyada waqt nahi hein. Routines ke video dekhne neeche aa jaana, Hall number 4 ke opposite waale AV room pe." He said trying to cover up his frustration.

"Swayam..." Visakha called out as he walked away from them, descending down the stairs. And Vicky gasped at his reaction.

"Vicky, ab toh munh band karle... Woh chala gaya!" Nil said.

"Guys, I think ab Swayam ko bata hi dena chaahiye Sharon ke baare mein... Dono ithna kharaab fake karthe hein ki sabko dikh jaatha hein dono ke beech ka chakkar!" Vicky said.

"Vicky! Tuh thoda rest le... Bahut kaam kiya na aaj! Aur Swayam ko mein......nahi Visakha, tum jaake samjhaao!" Nil asked Visakha and they turned back doing something on their phones, leaving Visakha to talk to Swayam.

As she entered the AV room of the building, she saw the her friend's shadow sitting near the projector, in the dim light. "Swayam... I need to talk to you..."

"Visakha... Humaare paas time zyaada hein nahi... We need to start rehearsal at least by tomorrow. Aaj tum sab rest le lo par I suggest yeh video dekhne ke bad, so where's the team?..."

"SWAYAM!"

"Huh?! Kya?"

"Mujhe tumse Sharon ke baare mein kuch bolna hein!"

"I don't want to hear about it..."

"SWAYAM!" She raised her voice at him to gain his attention.

"KYA???" he shouted back and caused her to jerk. she paused for a few seconds and took a deep breath to continue. She was so nervous since she knew well about the SAS (Shekhawat Anger Scenario).

"Swayam... Dude! Tumhe kya ho gaya hein? Pehle toh tum uski har baath ko aasaani se translate karthe dhe... Ab kya ho gaya?"

"Ab ek saal beeth gaye hein... Aur mein badal raha hun..."

"Badalne ki koshish kar rahe ho ya already badal gaye? Kise samjhaane ki koshish kar rahe ho dude?" She asked while he kept staring at her. She continued by taking his reaction as a cue.

"Tumhaare jaane ke baad Sharon par padi asar unbelievable dha..."

"Now don't tell me ki woh badal gaye hein!"

"Haan!"

"Oh really?! Toh, ab woh doosron ko insult karne ki aadath jhod diya?"

"Nahi."

"Make-up lagaana jhod diya? Even on Sundays and rehearsals?"

"Nahi."

"Menhgi par bahut choti dress pehenke college aane ki aadath badli?" He made fun that caused even Visakha to cringe her nose.

"Uh, nahi! Tum kaise sawaal kar rahe ho?"

"Toh phir kya badli?" He ironically chuckled and turned to the projector to insert the drive. But when Visakha proceeded to reply her friend, she got interrupted.

"SWAYAM?" Suddenly their attention was diverted to the third voice that came from the entrance to the AV room.

"Anna? What are you doing here?"

"Swayam, I've been looking around for you everywhere! And on top of that you were not answering any of my calls!"

"Anna! Oh I'm sorry, I might have kept it in the silent mode!"

"That's okay!" She said in a jolly mood. "...as long as I remain the only girl in your heart, I've got no problem!" She said while staring at Visakha assuming something was going on.

"Kaun hein yeh firangi?" Visakha frowned

"Oh you must be Sshhaa..." Anna tried to guess the unknown Indian girl now standing along with her boyfriend in the dark.

"Visakha..." Visakha spelled it out before it got awkward again.

"Oh yes! I k-know, I've heard a lot about you! And I've seen your team's performances! ...Hey, let me switch on the lights, it's awkward to streams in darkness and talk without seeing faces, isn't it?" Anna suggested and moved to the switch board to turn on the lights in the room.

"Swayam?" Visakha glared at him.

"Visakha, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Anna." He said as Visakha looked at the girl in the stunning red dress flashing a broad smile.