Surprises After Rejection

Sharon wanted to leave and there was no one who could change her mind. It was like she couldn't stand in New York for another minute. All the thought that occupied her mind was regarding 'rejection'.

Swayam had rejected her. No, the circumstances got him to reject her. And she knew it was her, who made that situation that made him to do so. He probably will be feeling bad that she came on to him too much. What she did was not right.

"Sharon?" Suddenly she was brought back to the surroundings from her trance by a voice filled of curiosity.
She turned back to the guy who was standing behind her with a trolley carriage, wearing a velvet coat over the white Tees and a pair of denim trousers. His face covered with a big black shades and long hair falling front from his yellow cap. He had a brief smile on his face, as if he had finally found what he has been looking for.

"Remember me?" He asked walking towards her rolling his carriage along that came till his waist.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite..." She started apologizing since she couldn't recognize the face.

"Of course.. How could it be possible! How stupid of me to ask you such a silly question, right?!" He said while removing his cap and his shades from his face to which Sharon responded with a gasp.

"James?" She said not believing in the unexpected meeting.

"Yes! And she remembers! ...so Sharon! What you doing here?" He asked her with the broadest smile on his face.

"I'm going back home..."

"India? Mumbai? ....oh please Sharon, can I do anything to make you stay..." He placed a hand on his heart faking a tear.

"I think I've received enough reasons not to stay..." Sharon said in a serious tone, her sadness uncovering on her face.

"Guy did you wrong I'm guessing..." He said as he moved closer to her and kept a hand on her shoulder. "Look, if you still count me as your friend, please come to my place. Let's have a nice chat, and maybe I might give you a tempting reason to stay after all... What's say?" He asked hopefully.

"Oh I don't know..." She said reluctant enough to not go with him.

"Okay...I get it, we just met... But how about I give you my bona fide?"

"Umm?!" She started at his face.

"I work as a dance coordinator and own a managing company for advertisers and movie makers. And positively I was looking for a female dance lead for one of my clients. You may have heard the sports company Adidas..."

"Yes I have." She replied.

"Yeah... See, they are launching a new product exclusively meant for... And they want the best in the market to advertise it and gave me a deadline to find the one... And so it happens the dancing diva herself presented fortunately, surprisingly at the same airport, I'm in right now!!"

"James! What are you saying?"

"I've been meaning to contact you Sharon... But you know the last time we saw each other and then after..." He paused.

"...umm after what?" She asked sending the awkwardness in the air.

"Uh... I just couldn't get myself to dial you up... But as fate gave me this second chance, I'm willing to not let it go without a fight..." His lips curved to a smirk, evil as maybe a third person could recognize.

"I am not going to think selfish this time Sharon... Iss baar aisa kuch nahi hoga!"