The Challenge

A female hooded figure climbed the pipeline on through the walls of working men's hostel. As she reached the window to the only lit room, she jumped in and loosened the curtains down.

"Visakha darling?! Mere room mein woh bhi raat ke ek bajeh? Meine kaha tha na ki tuh kabhi na kabhi Harry the Singh ki jaal mein khud aa phasegi!"

"Aye chal nautanki saale! Tere jaise ullu ke patthon ke saath me dikhu bhi nahi! Baath karne aayi hein, rather kuch jaanne! Yeh Sanjeev kaun hein aur SW ko kyun challenge kiya?"

"Mein kyun bataaun bhai? Tuh naa bhaav deti hein mujhe aur ab gaali bhi de rahi hein! Bhoolna mat ki tum mere kamre mein ho! Toh agar yeh Singh tere saath kuch karega toh koi nahi puchega!"

"Aur agar mein tujhe yahan zinda maar dun toh bhi koi puchne waala hoga nahi naa hi uttar dene waala! Tuh bhoolna mat ki mein Punjab ki sherni hun! Aththi Sikhni hun mein!"

"Toh mein bhi kahan fake Sikh hun? Yeh meri pagdi bhi aththi hai aur yeh daadi bhi!"

"Oye third class fail, tuh aur mein, dono jaanthe hein ki tuh uss hotel mein hamesha bellhop hi rahega aur kuch dhang ka khana khaane tedhi raastha streets par chalaatha rahega! Kaunsi ladki tujhpe marne aayega? Koi jaanboochke train ke aage sir rakhega kya? Ab bol!"

"Kya?"

"Jawaab de! Varna police ko khabar kar dunga tera sab tedhi cheezen kahaan kahaan rakha hein!"

"Achcha achcha theekh hein bataata hun! Sanjeev ek doctor hein aur dance ka shok hein use! Mera haath ka fracture usee ne theek kiya tha. Baaton baaton mein usne apna shok bola aur meine apna. Phir usne apun ko paise offer ki aur poocha ki streets ka best dancer kaun hein, toh meine SW ke baare mein bataaya! Bas phir challenge ho gayi par police achaanak aa gayi!"

"Theek hai! Kisi ko bataana mat ki mein yahaan aayi thi. Agar bataaya toh tumhe pata hoga ki Ranveer ka kya haal kiya tha meine!" Visakha jumped out of the window.

Rey kept his promise. Harry's message had reached every street dancers and its lovers and permanent spectators. As Rey, Vicky and Nil drove to Sharon's house at 5:30 pm, they were messaged the venue. It (last minute info about venue) used to be like this always to ensure maximum time at the event until the cops crashed. Sharon was getting ready, having worn short denim shorts and a leather jacket over a beautiful white tank top. She topped it with a leather brown cap and high heal boots.

"Wow Sharon! I didn't know you were going on a date too!"

"Shut up! Sharon Rai Prakash has to always look perfect!"

"Okay, okay! Please don't make us wait anymore and get in the car!"

They passed an old market place where they parked the cars and walked through a small passage inside. It was already getting dark and they couldn't see where it led. Suddenly they heard a wild beat emerging from a little distance. They moved in the direction and found a crowd had already formed, each person in it dressed fancy like Sharon. They recognised the music to be a remix of Enrique Iglesias song, Tonight I'm Lovin You.

Sharon got irritated the way no one bothered her and cleared way for her to which she wasn't used to. So Rey helped her and she got inside to see the dance. Harry the Singh was doing some B-Boy stunts according to the beats till the song got over.

"Aaj ke evening humaare beech do challenges ugi hai dosthon. Ek Nil ne humaare b-boy Bharat ko challenge kiya hai aur mera pyaara dosth Visakha jo Sanjeev ko challenge kiya hai." Harry announced even between his heavy breathing. But what shocked Sharon was that her brother had got challenged in the streets. She looked around and even Rey went around the crowd to find him but failed. 

"Was he referring to my brother?" Sharon asked while everyone cheered for Bharat and Nil.

"I think he was. Wait here, let me check with Harry!" Rey moved to the guy in turban and as Sharon watched the battle which favoured Bharat's side.

The insane moves made by Bharat was difficult to beat and Nil was doing his best moves but with no avail of luck. The crowd was now cheering Bharat's name, the guy who had almost the same height as Nil, but was more well built. He wore a towel around his forhead and a lot of strings on both hands. His headspin and flips were off the charts and finally Nil backed off. 

"Koi baath nahi Nil! It just wasn't your day. Tum aur achchi tarah practise karna aur use hara dena ek din!" Sharon tried to console him but he remained silent. Vicky patted his back and that's when Rey too returned after talking to Harry. 

"Guys, it seems a girl named Visakha challenged our Sanjeev bro. But since he isn't here, there is a big chance that she might come challenge Sharon instead, but only if she knew, so..."

"So??"

"Sharon hum nikalthe hein yahaan se! You seriously can't beat her in the streets!"

"You think I'm not good at what I do?"

"Sharon! There is a wide difference in what you do and what she does... so let's move, please!"

"Haan Sharon, Rey theek keh raha hein!" Nil said. "...tumne dekha nahi ki mere dhajjiyaan kaisi udi thi wahaan?"

Suddenly they heard a female voice from the centre of the crowd. "Mujhe pata hein ki Sanjeev yahan nahi hein. Doctor saab khud mareez banke apne hospital pada hein! Lekin khabar mili hein ki uski behen yahaan aayi hein! The Sharon Rai Prakash of London fame! Agar apne bhai ka izzat bachaana ho to what say guys? Kya woh aise karegi? Kya woh meri challenge accept karegi? Yaa phir jaake apne bhai ke bistar ke neeche chup jaayegi?"

"I accept!"

"Sharon!!"