On Purpose

Scribbling in my notebook, my foot tapped against the concrete floor. Michonne had found it for me on one of her supply runs. Removing my pen from the page, I looked up at the barred window of my cell. Part of me still couldn't believe we were actually here at the prison. Everything was going so perfectly, it felt like a dream. I'd come here with Michonne what seemed like ages ago when we escaped from Woodbury.

She had been friends with my mom, Andrea. But my mom chose the Governor over me. We'd never had the best relationship, even before everything happened. But it still hurt to think that she'd chosen someone - a stranger - over me. A tear rolled down my cheek and I brushed it away. Michonne was here for me though and I was so thankful for that.

*start song*

There was also someone else that was here for me. Carl Grimes, the leader's son. I'd known him from before, of course. Back at camp when his mother was still alive. But we were just kids then. We both had grown up now and...he'd grown up to be gorgeous. Me on the other hand...not so much. He was taller now than he was then and his hair was longer, shaggier.

Your eyes crashin' into my eyes

But his eyes were still as bright as they ever were - as bright and blue as the ocean.

Was I accidentally falling in love?

I smiled at the thought of him and bit my lip. He was so perfect. I leaned my head against the cool prison wall as more thoughts of him came.

Your words didn't mean to heal the hurt

He'd even tried to comfort me when I arrived at the prison, upset because Andrea had left me.

Were coincidentally more than enough

I didn't think it would help but it did. Him being there for me made my life better.

All these days I never thought

I never thought I'd end up having feelings for the little boy I used catch frogs with.

That I would need someone so much, who knew?

I snickered then remembering Shane teaching us how. I never thought I would need that boy like I do now. I never thought he'd become my first love...but he had.

But I don't think I ever planned

I hadn't even planned on falling in love but...

For this helpless circumstance

I'd fallen hard for Carl.

With you

I tried to not have feelings for him before but it had never worked. Now I'd just given myself over to it. Suddenly, an idea came to me. Starting to scribble in the notebook once more, I sang along to the words I wrote on the page.

You're scared, I'm nervous

But I guess that we did it on purpose, on purpose, on purpose

Baby, I know it's weird, but it's worth it

Cause I guess that we did it on purpose, on purpose, on purpose

My foot tapped against the hard floor and I started to harmonize with the song as more lyrics came to me.

But I guess that we did it on purpose

Harmonizing again, my only thoughts were focused on how I felt about Carl.

But I guess that we did it on purpose

My dreams running into your dreams

That night, I lay in my bed in the pitch-black darkness.

It's as if we wished on the same star

Looking up to my window, the stars winked at me from the night sky.

And my time changing all of your time

Suddenly, the rustle of my curtain made me sit upright in bed. Pulling the blankets up around me, I glanced fearfully over at it.

It's a butterfly effect on my heart

The curtain opened then to reveal Carl standing before me, smiling. My heart sped up at the sight of him.

All these days I never thought

"Can I come in?" he whispered to me.

I nodded at him and he entered my cell.

That I would need someone so much, who knew?

He looked at me for a moment and I gulped out of nervousness. He chuckled quietly at my behavior and offered a hand to me.

Who knew?

I glanced up at him quizzically and he chuckled once more.

But I don't think I ever planned

"Come with me." he smiled and I took the hand he offered without hesitation.

For this helpless circumstance

I'd been waiting for him to say that for so long. I'd follow this boy anywhere.

With you

Grinning from ear-to-ear, I followed him quietly through the prison until we came to a door. He pushed it open and we stepped out into the night air on the rooftop.

You're scared, I'm nervous

I looked at him and I get see the fear on his face. I wrung my hands nervously as he turned to me.

But I guess that we did it on purpose, on purpose, on purpose

Suddenly, he took my face in his hands and crashed his lips against mine. I was shocked for a moment before I began kissing him back. His lips were soft and warm, moving in sync with mine. After a few seconds, he pulled away and looked me in my eyes.

Baby, I know it's weird, but it's worth it

"Look, I know this is weird-" he started.

"But it's worth it." I finished for him.

But I guess that we did it on purpose, on purpose, on purpose

He grinned down at me, then ran his tongue over his lips.

"You wanna do that again, then?" he asked playfully.

Laughing, I leaned up on my tip-toes and connected my lips to his once more in answer. His hands rested firmly on my waist and I felt him deepen the kiss. Running one of my hands through his shaggy brown hair, I pulled him closer to me with the other. He laughed into the kiss before gliding his lips over mine. Everything was so perfect in this moment. It's like everything else in the world just blurred and all I could see, feel, and touch was Carl.

But I guess that we did it on purpose

He kissed my lips and then moved to my jawline and then back to my lips again. We stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity but was probably only a minute or two. I hoped this night never ends, I thought to myself as I looked up into his piercing blue eyes.

Note: Sorry, I didn't finish out the song but I got writer's block after that lol XD Plus the only other idea I had was them getting attacked by walkers and I didn't wanna kill the mood...or them lol XD