Call Me Lucy [Pt. 1]

Sneaking out was not as easy as I'd anticipated. Dad's men had always watched me like a hawk but it seemed to be worse now with these Alexandrians coming into play. To me, they were fun to watch though. At first, they were like ants scurrying around, obeying my father's every whim. But over the past several months, they'd grown stronger, become harder. They were ready now to take back their own lives, put things right in their town.

To become their own leaders again. Needless to say, dad was not happy. I, on the other hand, was ecstatic to see the fire these people had. I guess that's why I spent most days gazing out the window of the Sanctuary, out into the distance where I could just make out the tops of the buildings over their wall.

"You know your dad won't like this, Lucille," a deep voice said from behind me.

I rolled my eyes, knowing full-well who it was. Dad had pretty much assigned him as my jailer.

"Yeah, yeah. What do I care about that?" I bit back, not caring if it hurt his feelings or not.

Dwight sighed, shaking his head as he came to stand to my left.

"If he finds out-" he started to say but I cut him off immediately.

"But he's not going to find out. Now is he, Dwighty-boy?" I asked, a mocking, cold smile plastered on my face as I turned to the tall blond man beside me.

He gazed at me a second, the burns on the left side of his face making it near impossible to read his intentions - to see the exact nature of his expression. But finally, he caved and nodded, looking down at his boots in defeat.

"'Course not," he said quietly.

I grinned, proud that I'd gotten my way once again. I really was my father's child sometimes. And if you couldn't tell from my attitude, you could definitely tell from my looks. I had his same dark hair except mine fell in curly ringlets around my head and I even had the same expressive eyes. I'd been told by my dad on several occasions before that I resembled my mom a lot too but I had no memory of her. I'd grown to believe it was for the best anyhow. Jumping down from the crates I'd been standing on so I could reach the window, my booted feet hit the concrete below with a resounding thud.

"That's what I thought." I smirked, patting Dwight on the arm condescendingly as I brushed past him.

The trek to Alexandria didn't take me long - I knew just which back roads to take and knew the exact times dad's men ended their watches. I grinned to myself when I finally saw the familiar red wall that surrounded the tiny town. Quickly, I scaled the wall and made it down the other side just to land on the ground with a resounding thud, my boots splashing in a mud puddle. Sneaking my way into the backyards of the houses, I walked up to one with gray siding and blue shutters. Yes! This was it!

I still remembered it clear as day. Of course, I'd been waiting in the truck at the time and all I saw was a glimpse of it before dad had piled us all up back to the Sanctuary. But the house was easy to remember - it was the only one with baby toys littering the front porch. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the little brats. But apparently, she was loved by all of the citizens here. With soft footsteps, I began to scale the wall, finding footholds with the tips of my boots.

It wasn't easy and I admit, I nearly fell a couple of times but finally, I made it to the top. Thank goodness the window was open, the filmy curtains billowing in the wind. Otherwise, it would have been a very short trip. I swung my leg over the side and straddled the windowsill. Wasn't the most comfortable but I wasn't complaining - I'd made it this far. My eyes scanned the room then and I smirked when I noticed a lone figure lying in the twin bed in the middle of the room.

A bandage covered one eye and the other was closed shut. His hair was a dark brown and fell in shaggy strands around his shoulder. In short? He was stunning. And I knew just who he was, too. Carl Grimes, son of this town's beloved leader.

I knew him all about him. I'd heard the stories my dad would tell. In fact, I'd briefly seen him pass by my door in the hallway when he'd attempted to kill my dad's men. Honestly, I was impressed by it. He had...muchness. A muchness most of these idjits didn't possess. It intrigued me immensely.

That's why I'd planning this for months - this meeting. Dad didn't know, of course. He could never know. He'd probably throw me in the furnace with that doctor if he knew. But I couldn't resist this boy...he was...a puzzle. One I hadn't solved and gosh, did it drive me crazy.

I raked my boot across the wooden linoleum in the room then, making my presence known. Instantly, his eye flew open and he snatched a gun off his nightstand. I tilted my head to the side, making an expression of amusement.

"Impressive, Wazowski. Got any other things hidden up those sleeves?" I smirked, arching an eyebrow.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my house?" he demanded gruffly.

I snickered, slinging a leg over the side so that I was now standing in the room with him.

"Your house? Doesn't it belong to daddy downstairs?" I teased, walking over to his dresser.

I heard the safety being flicked off and I grinned to myself at his unease, my hair falling around my face slightly as I fingered a faded picture of a young Carl, Rick, and a woman I assumed to his mother.I picked up and turning around, held it between two fingers.

"This you?" I asked, making a face before setting it back down, "Looks like you need a hair cut, kid,"

He cocked the gun then and I smirked over at him, leaning my elbows on the dresser behind me.

"I'm not a kid," he growled, "Now answer my question!"

I shrugged, "Names. What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would-"

"-shut up and answer the stupid question!"

"My name's not important. But yours is Carl," I purred, stepping over to him.

The barrel of his gun pressed hard into my chest but I just moved closer. His hands wavered, not expecting me to get this close. I could see his eye clearly now and I smiled at the pretty color - baby blue. My favorite shade.

"Your eye is so pretty...like a frozen lake in winter...when you can see yourself reflected in the deep colors below..." I said, my voice trailing off as memories of pre-apocalypse drifted back to me.

It nearly brought tears to my eyes...nearly. But I shook it off, leaning in so close to him, I could feel his warm breath mingle with mine.

I licked my dry lips once before whispering against his skin, "I came here to meet you, Carl Grimes..."

He let out a shuddering breath, lowering his gun slightly. I smiled, proud of the effect I had on him. I stepped back then and gave him one last smirk before strolling over to the window. I swung a leg over the side, ready to go when he stopped me. I didn't even realize he'd taken a step closer till I looked up.

"Where are you going?" he asked, his voice hesitant and unsure.

I could practically hear the conflict in his head. I grinned over at him and I thought I saw a faint tinge of pink on his cheeks.

"Don't worry. I'll be back," I assured him with a sassy smile.

"See you then, Boo," he shot back, a teasing tone to his voice.

I turned back to him then, tilting my head to the side, "Boo? Is that like, a term of endearment for me?"

"What? You'd rather I call you Sully?" he mocked, arching an eyebrow.

I chuckled and shook my head, appreciating his sense of humor.

"Well, what do I call you then? You know my name already," Carl said and I thought I could hear a hint of disappointment hidden in his voice.

"Call me Lucy." I said with a wink before jumping out the window and landing on the hard-packed earth.

I was out of sight by the time he raced to the window. But as I ran through the backyards of Alexandria on my way back home, I knew in my heart that I'd made the right decision by coming.