Call Me Lucy [Pt. 2]

I should have stopped seeing him that day. I knew dad would be furious when he found out. But no, I just couldn't stay away from that boy. Carl was amazing - in every possible way imaginable. I'd found out he loved comics, his baby sister, chocolate pudding, and of course, the faded brown Sheriff's hat he always wore. But in return, I'd shared with him very little.

I'd told him I lived in a similar community to his (mostly true), my mother had died when I was a baby (completely true), and that I had a kind father (very much a lie on that one). But other than that, he knew nothing about me. Regardless, over these past few weeks, we had developed feelings for each other. At first I'd been hesitant. I shouldn't get involved with this boy and I knew it. But instead of listening to my brain, I listened to my heart instead.

And that's how I found myself in the arms of Carl today, lying in bed with him on top of the blankets. In the end, I'd succumbed to his charms and we'd decided to date. I was his first girlfriend actually. That girl, Enid didn't count according to Carl. I snuggled into my boyfriend's warm chest then and his arms tightened around my frame, fingers digging into the bare skin above the belt loops on my jeans. I bit my lip, shivering at the simple touch.

A sigh escaped my mouth as he drew circles on my skin and I heard him chuckle from underneath me. I twisted around till I could gaze up into his piercing blue orb then.

"What?" I pouted and he smirked before crashing lips into mine.

He kissed me roughly - a passionate kiss that made my veins feel like they were on fire. Carl's lips were as soft as rose petals as he kissed me. Slowly then, he pulled away only for me to pout at the loss of the feel of his lips on mine.

He chuckled again, "Don't do that. It makes me want to kiss you again,"

I rolled my eyes playfully before burying my head back in his soft white t-shirt, the cotton material brushing against my cheek.

"I wish I could stay here with you all the time," I sighed, my eyes fluttering closed as his fingers ran through my log hair gently.

"Why can't you?" he asked in his raspy morning voice.

I stayed silent, chewing on my bottom lip in thought. It's not like I could tell him why. He couldn't know that Negan was my father. It would ruin this-this newfound relationship we had. And I couldn't lose Carl - not now, not ever. He pressed his lips to my forehead in a light peck, urging me to answer his question.

"My dad. He...he wouldn't understand this..." I admitted softly, trailing off as I sat up in bed.

"Why not? I thought you said he was a good man. Kind," he asked in confusion, sitting up on his elbows so that he could face me.

I shrugged, looking away from him, "He used to be...but not for a very long time,"

Suddenly, his hands went to my back and in seconds, he'd sat up behind me and had me cradled to his chest as he held me. I pressed a light kiss to his neck before resting my head on his chest.

"Well, you have me now. And I won't let him be cruel to you anymore," he promised me, his words honest and true.

His blue eye bored into mine with an intensity that only Carl could possess. Within seconds, his mouth was on mine again - his kisses so fervent, I could feel my heart race in my chest. Suddenly, the door to Carl's bedroom burst open and we jumped away from each other, startled. Towering over me was a very tall, imposing figure...with a barbed-wire bat swung over his shoulder. I swallowed down a lump of fear that had formed in my throat. Dad.

Shifting my eyes to the side, I noticed Dwight lingering behind him with a look of guilt on his face. Figures, I thought to myself.

"Lucille?! You get away from that boy right now! We are going home!" he seethed, his voice booming with rage as his eyes darkened in anger.

I heard a sharp intake of breath beside me and glancing over, I noticed Carl's one blue orb wide with shock.

"Wait, Lucille?! As in...Lucy... How-wha...how-how is this possible?! Your dad is Negan?!" he choked out, staring at me in horror.

I swallowed, pushing a loose strand of dark behind my ear.

Looking down at my hands in my lap briefly before I replied, "Yeah...Carl, I'm so, so sorry I lied to you! I never meant for you to find out this way-"

"NOW, LUCILLE!" Negan screamed.

Suddenly, I felt a hand clamp down onto my arm and I was being whisked out of Carl's room. Dad's eyes were ablaze with fire and I knew not to fight him on this. But as dad dragged me away, I glanced back one last time at Carl Grimes.

And I do believe there were tears in his eye. Just like they were in mine.