Angry Kisses

Rick kissed Michonne and then left. Carl huffed loudly before throwing a dart at the dartboard. It sailed right past my shoulder with a zing, barely missing me. I gaped at him and he just shrugged.

"You could have hit me, you ding-dong!" I shrieked at him, placing my hands on my hips.

He arched an eyebrow, his ocean-blue eye boring into me.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't be standing so close to it." he grumbled, aiming another dart at the board.

I blew a raspberry at him before walking over to Michonne who was loading up her backpack.

"Chonnie, would you please talk some sense into him?" I pleaded.

Michonne sighed and gave me a pointed look. I'd been with all of them since the prison. Michonne had always been just like a mother to me and Rick just like a father. Of course, Carl had always been different. I'd never seen him as a brother. No, I'd always harbored a bit of a crush on him.

Not that he'd ever known that. Michonne, of course, did know and teased me about it all the time.

"Honey, if you can't, no one can." she winked and I rolled my eyes in annoyance as she walked out the door.

Carl let out a frustrated sigh as he missed the dartboard for the third time. He ran a hand through his long brown hair and I walked over to the window. Gazing out, I noticed Enid strutting over to the wall like she owned this town. Man, I hated that girl. She thought she was so much better than everyone else when really, she was just a little nothing. Carl come to stand behind me and glanced out the window, noticing Enid.

He immediately left the room without a word. I groaned and followed him. That boy would never learn to just stay in the house. Walking out into the bright sunshine, I watched him and Enid exchange words. Apparently, she was going to the Hilltop. I just rolled my eyes and stalked off, leaving them to talk.

I'm sure Carl would want to follow her. That's all he ever did anymore. Sure enough, I was right. Three hours later, we were walking down the road beside Enid. Well, Carl was walking beside Enid, I didn't want to be anywhere near her so I trudged along behind the two of them. I tuned out their conversation as we walked, instead my mind flitted through all of the memories I shared with Carl - the good and the bad.

We'd been through so much together and yet, I'd never had the courage to tell him my feelings. I guess I'd just never wanted to get attached to him in case I'd lose him. And it seemed like we were losing people all the time these days. But instead, I'd only been hurting myself. By not admitting it to him, I'd only let myself get attached and fall for him without the perks of actually experiencing love. And that's exactly what it was, too.

I was in love with Carl Grimes and we all knew it - even Abraham had known, I thought with a wry smile. But all it was was one-sided. And ever since we'd arrived at Alexandria, it had been worse. All because of that little she-devil and his obsession with her. I kicked at a rock angrily with my shoe.

"I think we're here." Carl whispered just then as we stopped in a cluster of trees.

He brushed some branches away to look up at the Hilltop that was teeming with Negan's men.

"I don't think we can see her," he sighed, his eye glued to the men, "I don't see that black truck,"

Enid glanced over at him and I felt a pang of jealousy swell up inside of me.

"You weren't taking a drive," she said softly and looked down, "You weren't coming to get me..."

He looked over at her for a second.