Pacify Her

*start song*

My relationship with Carl Grimes was odd to say the least. We fought like cats and dogs one minute and flirt the next. The whole thing made me so confused. But lately, things had changed. We didn't fight anymore but we didn't flirt either. In fact, we barely talked.

Ever since we'd arrived in Alexandria, all he ever did was hang out with Enid. Eugh. Enid. They weren't ever apart and it drove me insane. All of these thoughts ran through my mind as I sat on my porch swing.

Tired, blue boy walks my way

Suddenly, I saw Carl. He was walking over to my house. I smiled and bit my lip. Then I noticed who was with him and my smile melted away.

Holding a girl's hand

My eyes hardened as I saw his hand holding onto Enid's. What was she doing here? I'd never invited her to come to my house.

That basic chick leaves finally

As they reached my porch steps, she pecked his cheek before walking off down the street. I got up and strolled over to where Carl stood.

Now I can take her man

I grinned down at him and he smiled back at me, taking the stairs two at a time until he reached the top. His medium-brown hair hung loosely against his forehead, nearly touching his shoulders. As he took a step closer, my mind suddenly went to what Enid had told me a few days ago.

Someone told me stay away from things that aren't yours

She'd looked at me harshly that day.

"Stay away from things that aren't yours..." her words echoed.

But was he yours, if he wanted me so bad?

My eyes gazed into Carl's and I saw the longing there in his blue orbs. He inched closer then and I closed my eyes. His hands connected to my waist and those plump lips crashed into mine.

The Next Day...

Pacify her, She's getting on my nerves

"Pacify her!, "I groaned, slumping back onto the couch in my living room as Carl paced around the room, "She's getting on my nerves!"

He turned to glance over at me.

You don't love her

"But I love her!" he said, his voice soft and dejected.

Stop lying with those words

"Stop lying with those words." I scoffed, rolling my eyes at his declaration.

Pacify her

He crossed the room to me and I stood up, wrapping my arms around his towering frame.

She's getting on my nerves

He set his chin on the crown of my head and I sighed, still thinking of our problem.

You don't love her

"You don't love her," I said suddenly, glancing up at him.

Stop lying with those words

He sighed as well and bit his lip, "No, but I don't want to hurt her..."

His lips collided with mine then and I melted into the kiss. The feel of his lips on mine was intoxicating as his hands rest on my hips and mine tangled themselves into his shaggy brown hair. I smiled into the kiss and he broke away from me, grinning. Suddenly, a loud knock on the door made us jump apart. He looked at me uncertainly before wrenching the door open. On the doorstep stood the one person neither of us wanted to see: Enid.