Good Meets Evil

I walked through the gates of Alexandria beside my older brother, Negan, and his minions. Ever since we were kids, he had treated me like a princess. Once this apocalypse started, it had been no different. I was still special in his eyes. And I made sure everyone knew it. I crossed my arms and leaned against the hood of a car that was parked nearby. A brunette Hispanic girl wearing a cap eyed me and I shot her a glare.

"What are you looking at?" I sneered but her expression stayed blank.

"Now, now, be nice, little sis." Negan winked.

I sighed in response but let it slide and followed him around the town. It didn't look like much, in my opinion. Just like any other town we had looted or as my brother called it "taking what's ours". Negan started talking to Rick then. Apparently the wife of some guy he had killed just died. Rick led us over to their graveyard of sorts.

Sure enough, he was right. There was a freshly dug grave placed close to the fence. Negan stood over it and began to talk to Rick again. I huffed in annoyance. All he ever did was talk to these people. It was so boring whenever I was forced to come with him and his men.

Suddenly, a shot rang out and everyone's head turned. Negan's eyes hardened and he headed towards where it came from. I sighed loudly as the others followed him.

"Well, fine, I guess I'll come too then." I grumbled, taking long strides across the grass.

We crossed the road and entered a house that was near identical to the others on the street. Except for one stark difference. There was a boy in it. A boy with a bandage across one eye and a gun held at the head of one of my brother's men.

"Carl, Carl, put it down!" Rick tried to reason with him.

Ohh! Realization dawned on me. This was the Carl I'd heard about from my brother? Rick's son? I looked him over - his medium-brown hair fell just to his shoulders and the eye not covered by bandage was a beautiful cerulean-blue. Hm. Not bad for an Alexandria citizen. Considering most of them looked so plain.

"No! He's taking all of our medicine. They said only half our stuff," Carl countered, his finger sliding back and forth anxiously across the trigger.

I arched an eyebrow at his defiance of Negan's rule over these people. Finally, an interesting person in this town. Negan stepped in between Carl's gun and his minion.

"Really, kid?" he asked, smiling that amused smile that always got him whatever he pleased.

"And you should go. Before you find out how dangerous we all are," Carl continued.

Ooh. I was liking this kid already. He had guts.

"Excuse me but did you just threaten me? Look, I get threatening Davey here, but I can't have it," my brother shot back.

Uh-oh. Pretty boy was going to get himself in trouble.

"Carl, just put it down." Rick tried again to no avail.

"Don't be rude, Rick. We are having a conversation here," Negan stated, "Listen, I like you, so I don't want to go hard proving a point here. You don't want that. I said half your stuff and half is what I say it is. I'm serious. Do you want me to prove how serious? Again?"

Carl stayed silent a moment before finally sighing and handing the gun over to his father. His bright blue eye flicked to mine then and I sucked in a breath. Just as his eye connected to mine, something clicked. I don't know how or what it was but things just fell into place. It felt like my world was spinning.

"Little sis, you comin'?" Negan said to me.

I tore my eyes away from Carl's then and suddenly noticed that everyone else had left. It was just me, Carl, and my brother left. When had that happened? I nodded to Negan and his eyes went from Carl back to me. He pointed a finger at him.

"Don't get any ideas, young man. Or-" he started, cutting himself off abruptly to make a clucking sound with his tongue and made a swinging motion with his hands to indicate his beloved 'Lucille'.

I rolled my eyes at my brother's juvenile behavior. Negan walked out the door then, on his way to the armory. I bit my lip nervously. It was just me and Carl now...alone. I looked over at him and he was already watching me. I quickly turned away from his gaze and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well," I said awkwardly, "It was nice meeting you, I guess,"

With that, I started to walk out the door after my brother but I was stopped by a hand on my wrist. Calloused fingers moved across my skin and a shiver ran up my arm. I turned my head to see Carl standing very close to me. His blue eye bored into mine.

"It was nice meeting you, too." he smirked, looking down at me.

I blushed scarlet before spinning on my heel and racing out the door. Maybe Alexandria wasn't so bad after all.

Note: Also, for those interested in Walking Dead or possibly the infamous Alpha Wolf ;) ;) - I have another story I'm writing on about Daryl Dixon's daughter. Link is below :)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/85298544-his-captive-daughter-of-dixon-book-one