ErenxReader ~Follow You~

ErenxReader

AU

||Follow You||

A/N: i haven't written a song fic in quite awhile so i feel as if this is dumb but its one of my fave songs by BMTH n it fits so well

Disclaimer: I do not own song used, nor do I own lyrics

••

Thin digits intertwine the hand that is next to me. It brings itself upon the owner's chest; I'm able to feel a heartbeat through my fist.
I look down at our hands; mine atop his. I rub my thumb in circles, watching as it makes its way around his knuckles.

In the faint moonlight above, all of the scars that were once markings made by teeth appear. Some are beginning to flake, some creating smaller cuts surrounding the larger one.

"Isn't there another way?" My voice cuts through our peaceful silence.
"Another way for what, [Name]?"
"Instead of injuring yourself every single time."
"We already talked about this. There's not, and if there is, I'd like for you to tell me it."

My eyebrows furrow at the figure next to me as I pull my hand away, and place it at my own side.
"No need to be a smart-ass," I say. "I'm just saying. You go deeper and deeper every time. And then you bleed. It's bad."
"That's what bandages are for," he quips.
"If you're going to be a smart-ass, I'll take my leave."

A laugh rises from his throat, thick and sweet. "No, no. Don't leave," he tugs on my jacket sleeve, causing me to sit back down.

Our fingers intertwine again, this time resting between, on the concrete beneath us.

"[Name]."
"Hm?" As I turn to face him, his face turns to meet mine.
He brings his face closer, until he's inches away, and breathes, "Promise me you'll never leave my side."

I can't help but laugh. Every night, we sit atop the rooftop that belongs to the original Survey Core Headquarters where Captain Levi brought his squad. Every night, as we sit, he holds my hand, looks at me with a grave expression— as if someone's been killed. Every night, with that grave expression on his face, he asks me the same question again and again.

He frowns upon hearing my laughter. "No, I'm serious [Name]. Show me what I can't see, when the spark in my eyes is gone. Show me how much I'm suppose to love you, if I ever make any rash decisions. Because I would never do anything to put you in danger, or to where you didn't want me to."

"Yes, for your safety."
"For my safety."

I smile, all of my teeth showing.

"And, because I love you."
"I love you."

He unravels his fingers from mine, bringing them up to his chest, where his beating heart is located.

"Cross my heart, and hope to die," he brings both of his hands and sets them on the sides of my face, "Promise you I'll never leave your side."
He then smiles, his teeth seeming to light up what isn't already lit by the moon.

"Are you sure?" I quip, playfully, of course.

"Yes, [Name]," he retorts. "I'm telling you, you're all I need. I'll never leave."