ErwinxReader ~Say Something~

Dying!ErwinxReader

||Say Something||

Disclaimer: I do not own these lyrics used in this fic.

~~

Say something..I'm giving up on you.

"Dammit Erwin, no! No! You're not going to die here!"

You clutch Erwin's green cape.

The cape signaling he belongs to the Survey Corps. The cape symbolzing he'll give his all to humanity.

But this-no, it shouldn't have to turn out like this. Not at all.

Erwin does give his all to humanity; he'll do anything for anybody.

So he can't go like this.

I'll be the one...if you want me to.

His injuries are serious; mangled limbs snapped into odd angles. Blood oozing out from every little cut and scrape. A limbs missing; you're not sure which one. A large and deep gash marks itself across his left temple. How could he even get hurt like this? He's only the Commander. He was only commanding...

And I..am feeling so small.

You feel like its only you and him. You and him in this open feild, the rain pounding against your lone bodies. Nobody will help you. You're all alone in this damn world.

Unless you have Erwin.

And I..will stumble and fall.

You let out a choked sob. You won't let this bastard die like this.

"Soldiers!" you whip your head around to all the soldiers standing behind you. Those idiots. Why the fuck aren't they doing anything.

"I should kill you all! This is your Commander! He has saved you countless times! So why...so why do you fall back? Fall back like cowards."

You lower your head. You're a high- ranking ofiicer in the Survey Corps. So you should be able to lead them around.

"My squad!" you yell, "Gather horses and go find Squad Leader Hanji Zoë!"

It takes them a while, but a few finally realize they have to obey your every order. They salute with a 'yes ma'am!' and they're off.

You turn back to Erwin. He gurgles a few times, then coughs up a little blood. "Just hold on Erwin," you say, shaking him a little. "You're going to get help."

He coughs more blood up. His already half-lidded eyes begin to close. "No!" you scream and shake him, "No! Don't leave me," you smack your head on his chest and sob.

You've never really cried before, only if it was to yourself.

But this...your love, is dying right in front of you. And he seems...okay with it.

You feel a hand slightly set atop your head. "{N-Name}," a struggled voice says.

You pop your head up. "Erwin, love! Yes," you smile happily, tears spilling out of your eyes. "Say something! Say something to me! Let me know," you choke on your words, "Let me know you're alive."

"{N-Name}. I-I-I....I l-love..you."

You beam. "I love you too sweetheart! Just hang in there, okay?"

You take ahold of his hand and squeeze it. He makes an attempt to squeeze back.

You hear abrupt hooves pounding the ground behind you.

You whip your head around, smiling. Hanji's here!

"{Name}!" she exclaims, jumping off her horse. She runs to Erwin's nearly dead body and sets her kit filled with surgeon knives and such down next to his head.

Hanji winces visibly at the sight of his body. She slaps his cheek. "{Name}, get his attention. He needs to stay somewhat alert while I work on him." She immediately whips out her tools and begins fixing up his body as much as someone can on the battlefield before they return to camp.

You nod furiously and slap his cheek harder than she was.

"Erwin..Erwin!" you scream.

Suddenly, he wraps two fingers around Hanji's wrist and stops her mid-drift. "Hanji...don't..please...its....its okay."

You scream, angry at him thinking this is okay. "You're not dying on me you son of a bitch!"

"P-please don't yell {Name}...you're hurting my..e-ears."

His eyes close completely and he exhales, as if he were holding a breath in.

Your breath hitches.

You scream at Hanji, telling her to continue on his body. You scream at Erwin, for being dead. You scream at yourself, for not being there when it happened.

You slap him hard now. "Erwin, dammit! Say something, I'm giving up on you. I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.."

And with that, Erwin gives his last breath.

Your breath hitches.

You lost him.

And I...will swallow my pride.

He can't...he can't go like this.

You love him too damn much.

You stand up, and take out a blade from the holder.

"{Name}?" Hanji asks quietly, questioning why you're taking a blade out.

There are no titans around..

You're the one that I love..

And I'm saying goodbye.

You smile. At least you'll both be in peace.

You gulp, and without thinking, shove the blade you have in your hand dead center through your heart.

"{NAME}!"

Your now lifeless body falls to the ground.

Right next to Erwin's.

You both look up at the gray sky with closed lids.

Just as Hanji stares at both the bodies in disbelief, the rain suddenly stops and the clouds clear.

Sunshine is left, rays poking through shifting clouds.

At least you're both now at peace together.

Say something,

I'm giving up on you.