ArminxReader ~So Many Words~

ArminxMute!Reader

||So Many Words||

AU

"Armin?"

Armin looks at you with a confused look. You usually never 'speak' to him; always keeping to yourself. "Yeah °F/N° what is it?"

You nod towards the bed located in the far corner of the room and signal, "Take a nap with me?"

He breaks out into a smile, and drops the book he was currently reading. You both make your way towards the bed and get into a comfortable position; your face is nuzzled in his chest, both your legs entwined with one another.

A soft breeze makes its way through the open window, blowing papers and such around.

You sigh happily.

Everything's perfect.

Armin's Commander of The Survey Corps.

All the titans are gone, except for Eren and Ymir of course.

The only thing is

You can't say anything or express this feeling with words.

You're mute.

You can remember clearly what happened. It was the very last battle against a mob of titans. In the end, your vocal cords were nearly ripped out of you. You fought long and hard for humanity, not deserving any of this.

But its not like you can just shove cords back in your body.

You and Armin have been together since you both met-it was what they call love at first sight. Of course, you both didn't express any feelings toward each other, however everyone knew that you both liked eachother. Things finally started to set off when Sasha and Connie had started a food fight in the cafeteria.

You and Armin had somewhat confessed to each other. But you were the one to make the first move of course, seeming that Armin's a really shy guy (and still kind of is).

And now here you two are, getting married in 2 months.

And you might be pregnant.

Armin had always planned this out, actually. He said he'd stay with you through thick and thin, that he'll love you to the bitter end.

You loved him too, but you couldn't help but feel that he'd leave you because you're mute.

You two have argued even about this. A lot.

But in the end, you'd always end up crying, no sound coming out. And Armin would always be there to comfort you.

You clutch Armin's shirt, not wanting to be reminded on memories that were quite hurtful.

You open your mouth, ready to speak, but then you close it, remembering nothing will come out.

Sometimes you forget. After all, it was only 5 months ago.

"Armin," you signal.

"Yes love?"

Your eyes tear up, realizing what you want to tell him.

You sit up so you're able to make hand signs better, and begin.

"Honestly Armin, why are you with me? Why do you love me? I'll never be able to speak sweet nothings, never be able to make sounds with our children, never be able to make the sweet sounds you like when we make love-never be able to speak again. I really doubt you love me, you're probably just staying with me so I don't feel alone. Its okay Armin, I can-"

Armin suddenly grabs your hands, making a tight grip around your wrists so you're not able to make any more hand signs to finish what you were saying.

You look up at his deep blue eyes-so beautiful-which are filled with slight anger, but mostly love and sorrow.

He presses his lips against yours, not pulling away for quite a while. Even though you don't want to engulf in the kiss, your body says otherwise. You set your hands on his cheeks, kissing back with the same deep passion he is. His lips taste like honey and blood; all those cups of sweet tea and all the times he bites his lip due to stress.

Armin slowly pulls away and pulls you into his chest.

"°F/N°, stop it. Being mute won't matter. I just won't get to hear that beautiful voice again, but I still have that gorgeous face to look at and that amazing personality to be around."

It takes you awhile, but you smile at his words. Realizing being mute doesn't matter; he could have left you way before. If it did matter why would he still say he loves you with all his heart, still give you those tender kisses you love?

You wrap your arms around him.

You wish you could speak; wish you could tell him how much you care, tell him over and over that you love him.

But instead you simply say,

"So many words."

Armin nods, understanding exactly what you mean.

"I know °F/N°. So many words."