ErwinxReader ~You'll Be Fine~

ErwinxReader

AU

||You'll Be Fine||

~~

You slowly form a knot at the top of his collar. You move and weave the fabric in and out and through. Creating a simple looking, windsor knot tie.

Before you move away, he pecks your lips. "I can tie my own tie, you know. I am a business man, after all."

You giggle, "Yes, but when you tie it it's always loose."

He rolls his eyes and stands up. He turns around fully in the full-body mirror, checking himself out. "Do I look alright?" he asks, messing with his collor.

"Don't mess up your shirt collar. And yes, you look fine," you assure.

He sighs. "(Y/N), please understand that-I'm not good with parents." He sits down on the bed next to you, creatign a slight lump. "I can't go."

You press yoru lips in a thin line and sigh through your nose. "Erwin, you have to go. I don't know why you're stressing this so much. All we're doing is eating dinner with my parents and then we go home. Simple as that."

"Yes, but I have to speak to them during dinner. And won't your brother Levi be there?"

You roll your eyes. "You're seriously intimated by that shrimp?"

"Don't underestimate a man by his looks and size," he simply states and stands up. He runs a hand through his golden locks and sighs stressfully.

You get up as well and walk out of the room. You're both ready now, and Erwin's making every and any excuse to not go to your parent's house. All you two have to do is talk a little, eat, then leave. It's simple, but Erwin's making it a big deal.

You usher Erwin out of the room and grab your coats.

You two make your way outside and begin the treck to your mother and father's.

You try to reassure him on the way there.

"My father will love you. He likes 'your kind'. My mother will be the one whose going to be little..off about you. I know, usually it's the dad's, but my family's..different."

Erwin just groans the whole way there, hardly even listening to you.

When you get there, your parents are standing outside waiting for you both.

You know your father can't wait to see Erwin, and your mother..well, not so much.

Your father beams at seeing you both and moves up to hug you. You take him in your arms. "Hello, father," you say. "Hey sweetheart! How's life?"

You nod. "Very good. You?" "I'm great, I'm great." He comes close to you and hisses, "Unlike your mother." He acts like it never happened and moves to face Erwin.

"U-um, hello, sir," Erwin greets awkwardly. Your father stares him down (well, stares him up). Then, he breaks out into a smile. "Well hello there!" He takes his large hand into a death grip.

"H-Hello sir."

"Naw," your father whines, "None of this 'sir' nonsense. Call me pa! After all, you're part of this family now, eh?"

Erwin grins, amd moves to your mither. He extends a hand with a heart-melting smile. However, she just looks at it and frowns. Then she moves into the house with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

"Sorry," you say, "She doesn't like any of my boyfriends. You'll just have to get use to it."

Erwin nods, stil not liking the idea of it. He wants so badly for your whole entire family to like him.

"Right, right," your father pokes him in the side. "I'm sure she'll come around with you though. The looks of it, you'll be a good one. I never really liked (y/n)'s boyriends anyway."

-

"So, Erwin," your very overprotective brother, Levi, says. His scary steel eyes shoot holes in Erwin's soft blue ones. "What is your proffesion?"

"Oh, um-"

You cut him off and grab his arm excitedly. "He's Commander of the Survey Crps!"

Your father immediately beams. Your mother's eyes widen, just a little bit.

"S-So your here to tell me your partner is Commander Erwin Smith of the Survey Corps, (y/n)?" Your father asks in disbelief.

You nod feverishly. Your mother clicks her tongue and crosses her arms. "Che," she mutters, looking off to the side, "Surprised he isn't dead yet."

You give your mother a hated look. Your father bumps his elbow against her arm and gives her the same look.

Levi just stares at Erwin, as if trying to get a reaction out of him. Instead, it seems he has a change of heart; he clears his throat and sits tall, the sudden look of fear wiped off his face.

"Well, ma'am," he begins, looking at your mother, "I try my hardest to stay alive to bring humanity to victory."

Even though they were very simple words, a sudden smile creeps on your face because he actually stood up to your mother.

No one else would've done that.

She smiles too, as if she's also glad he stood up to her.

She wipes it off quickly though, and returns to wondering. "Well that's..a nice proffesion, I guess. How did you and (y/n) end up together?"

He nods and smiles, happy that the tension between him and her seem to have lifted. "Well, we ended up meeting because one of my comrades-Hanji Zöe's her name- and I asked her out on a date. I guess you could say it was love at first sight."

And for the first time in ever, you watch a small smile appear on your mother's face. It's gone in a second, though.

Suddenly, Levi pipes up from his seat. "Well, Erwin," he spits. "I don't like the idea of you, an older man, being with my sister. I swear to god if you lay a hand on her, I will-"

"I don't think he'd do that, Levi," your mother cuts in.

You laugh at Levi's over-protectiveness.

"No, he won't," your father adds.

"Well, Erwin," your mother says, looking at him softly, "I hope you enjoy our family. And I'll be hoping you'll be proposing to (y/n) soon," she gives a quick smile.

Erwin nods hastily. "Yes, of course ma'am!"

You all continue eating, tension that had been hanging in the air long gone.

When your mother passes out dessert, you lean close to Erwin and whisper, "See, I told you Erwin," you say in his ear.

"Told me what?" He whispers back.

"That you'd be fine," you grin.

You hear a voice beside you say in complete annoyance, "Would you two stop whispering sweet nothings in each others ear and eat? Jesus."

You laugh at Levi.