☆Chapter 1☆

"Serenity wake up!" My mom yelled "This is my last time telling you!" I hate Mondays. My mom got a new job, so that means I have to go to a new school.

"Mom why can't I be home school?" I been asking for this for 2 years now. She won't let me get my way for nothing. I almost forgot to introduce myself.

My name is Serenity, but people call me Reni for short. I am 17, my birthday is February 14. Valentines Day!! My mom been taking care of me for the most part. I dont know who my dad is. I would say my mom is a..nevermind. I love food! I am from Texas but we had to move to California.

"Mom did you cook my favorite today for breakfast?" I yelled. I turned on the shower and brushed my teeth. "No!"

I was in the shower for 30 minutes. I decided to wear something simple today. A plain blue shirt, dark denim jeans, and some Jordans.

I walked downstairs hoping she cooked something. I hate when she didn't cooked breakfast.

I went back upstairs to grab my phone. Headed back downstairs to leave. "Have a nice day at school! Get to walking."

"Whatever mom! Bye and I love you!" I walked out of the house and began to walk. I know where I'm going cause my mom gave me directions. I felt so lonely so I put my earphones in my ear and listen to music. I was walking for 4 minutes

Until I felt a tap on my shoulder and turn around slowly. I saw this cute stud, she taller than me by 5 inches. She's brownskin, it's so clear. Her hair looks so soft and it's very long. Her teeth ooo it's perfect! I just stared in her eyes.

She snapped me out of my thoughts. "Did you hear me?" I felt kind of embarrassed. "My bad, what did you say?" I said while she smiled. "I said where are you headed?" She asked with an confused look. "I am headed to.." I stopped at looked at my phone. "Umm..Winstons High School." I finished.

"I'm going to the same school. I never saw you there!" She said and looked at me in shocked. I looked in her eyes. 'She cute' "You serious?" She laughed. 'Did I say that out loud'

"Umm..my bad I was talking about.." I broke eye contact. OMG why?  "You good." She smirked. We walk in silence but it was a comfortable silence.

We reached the school, then I stopped. She looked at me. "You okay?" She asked. I then felt sick in my stomach. I can't go in there..not now! "Uhh..we can skip school today and go to my house! If that's okay with you?" She suggested. I nodded quickly.

We walked back to the sidewalk. About 6 minutes we arrived at her house. That's when I realized she lived 2 houses down from me.

"My mom not home so we can chill and be comfortable." She said I just nodded. We walked in and I swear the house looked nice. She looked rich kind of. "Make yourself at home!" She told me. I sat at the nearest chair.

"Well since you're quiet I guess I will tell you about myself." She said out of nowhere.  I looked up at her. "My name is Kodie Shane but you can call me Don. I'm 17 about to be 18, my birthday is October 9. I'm the only child. My mom divorced my dad when I was 12 so she trying to date again. I'm kind of rich in a way." She explained.

She groaned once her phone went off. I looked down and sighed. I hate that I have to get use to this state. She cut her phone off and put it in her pocket.

"Do you want to go to my room?" She asked. I nodded; got up and followed her. We reached her room and I sat on her bed. She laid back. "Aye, get comfortable." She too laughed. I took my shoes off and laid on my back.

"So tell me about yourself!" She said excited.  I froze once I looked in her eyes. I opened my eyes wide and we both smiled. She grabbed the back of my head gently and leaned forward. I stopped her.

I was so shocked. "Sorry I know you dont go that way." She said embarrassed. I just shock my head.

"Well about me.. I moved from Texas to here. I'm 17 and my birthday is February 14. I love food! My mom takes care of me. I don't know my father. I know I should've said this before but my name is Serenity but people call me Reni for short."  I told her.

"So how do you think you would like it here?" She asked. I looked at her eyes again. "I mean.. I dont know tbh." I honestly told her. I played with my fingers. "Come here." She command. She hugged me. It felt safe. "Well Serenity lets lay down and relax for a moment, then go somewhere later." She tells me.

'Well this is weird.' She looked confused. "What you mean?" She questioned. "I said that out loud!" I said embarrassed.

She nodded. "Aye, you need to learn how to stop thinking out loud." She laughed it off.

I laid on her pillow and closed my eyes. "I'll try my best to." I smiled.

Sorry its short. I'm new to this writing thing. ;-)