"You're a real Jem"

*WARNING* This content contains strong adult themes such as strong language and material. If you don't like it, then don't read it. You have been warned 😈.    

"Since when have we been doing this shit on our own?!" "Since Marcus got caught by the fuzz. We worked too hard for this." My older sister, Gucci Red (that's her nickname in real life. I can't make this up). told Cocoa. "So, we're supposed to pump the money, send it out, and collect the dope?" Cocoa asked. "Da hell else are we supposed to do? I'll find someone else to count this and pump the dope. Just take these to Rico. He's waiting." Gucci said, tossing stacks of money on the crowded table. "Take Krissy with you." "Why the fuck I gotta go?!" I yelled. "Cause you ain't doing anything else. Cocoa, watch my lil' sista. If you guys get pinched, you watch her." Gucci said as we left. I checked my piece, a .22 Smith and Wesson, and slipped under my leather jacket. The sun was out, but the wind blew harshly. I pulled down my hat(a new era baseball hat that had a 'K' with a crown on) . "I can't believe this freaking b.s. Do you know how hard it was to find someone that good? And the freaking fuzz won't let any of us see him. Fucking townies. I hate this freaking town." Cocoa spat. "Maybe we should just get out of here. I mean we got enough money. If they caught Marcus for something stupid, then they'll catch our asses in no time." I said. "Marcus ain't no snitch. He won't rat us out." She said as she took her out her phone. "Hello? Yea. What? No! Aw hell nah!! I'm on my way! Krissy, take the money and go to Rico. I gotta go see Julian. You know where he is, right?" "I'm not a freaking kid anymore." "Yea. Whatevea. I'll be home soon. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." Cocoa said before she left me in the middle of these freaking town. Charlestown had been split into two sides. East side is predominately white Irish and the west side is predominately blacks, but over the course of the years everybody mixed together. Rico lived on the east side of town, lives and works in a car garage.  "Hey, Rico." I said, entering the lobby. "What's up, cousin?" He replied. "Got your money. You heard about Marcus, right?" I asked. "Yea. Such a shame. He was good. I heard they were gonna bring the electric chair back in town just for him." Rico said, shaking his head. "They'll probably put him on probation or something." "Yea. I got a new case coming in Wednesday morning. I'll call Gucci and give her the details. It's a bank truck this time." Rico said. "Ight. I'll see you later." "See ya, cuz." I exited out of the garage and deeper into town, looking for something to eat. I saw a small Italian shop nearby. It had an old time sign hanging from the wall outside. I stopped in front of the window; looking inside. I continued looking until somebody bumped into me. "Excuse you. Watch where you're going!" I said, looking at a man wearing a black Irish boxing shirt. He had the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, showing off a tattoo of shamrocks going down his forearm. He wore a gold cross chain around his neck. "Aye, you wanna watch where you're freaking going?" I asked him. "You're in the way." He shot back. His voice was a rough Boston accent. "Just say sorry." He stepped up to me, causing me to look up at him. "What's ya name, kid?" He asked. "I ain't a kid and my name is Krissy." "What kinda name is Chris for a girl? What's it short for? Christina?" "It's just Krissy, you idiot. What's your name?" I asked, crossing my arms. "It's Jem." "Jem? What's that short for? Jeremy (ha ha)?" "It's short for James. Uh...whatchu' doin' out here by yaself?" "Running errands. And you?" "Visiting a friend of mine. Did you wanna grab a drink or something?" "Yea, I guess." I said as we walked to a bar that was around the corner. When we walked in, the bartender greeted Jem. "Another piece of tail, huh, Jem?" He said. "Tail? Hell nah." I fumed. "No. No. He's joking, right?" Jem joked. I shifted eyes at the two of them. "Here, take a seat at the bar." I hopped up on the old, tattered bar stool. "Gimme two shots of Jameson on the rocks." Jem ordered. The bartender put two small glasses full of a brown liquid in front of us. "Cheers." I said before throwing mine back. It went down easy. It had a nice after taste. "Damn." Jem muttered more to himself. I felt his eyes rake over me and land on my ass. I was used to guys looking at me like that, but never paid any mind to them. I ordered another shot of Jameson. "So Krissy, whatchu' doing in Charlestown?" "I moved here to live with my older sista." "Oh, so you're a toonie." "Whatevea that is. What about you ?" I asked. "I was born here. Never left." Jem said, looking over me again. I slipped out my phone once it started vibrating. It was a text from my sister. "Hey listen. Thanks for the drinks, but I gotta go. My sista needs me." I said, hopping off the bar stool. "Anytime. Maybe we can get together another time." "Yea. See ya later." I said before walking out the bar.
By the time I got home, the whole squad was waiting for me. "Where da fuck have you been ?" Gucci asked. "Out." "Did you drop off the money?" "Yea yea. It's done. Rico said he was gonna call you about the next heist." I said. "I just called him. He wants over tonight to go over the plans." "He better freaking make it ready this time." Sissy spat. "Calm down. He knows what he's doing. We gotta be smaht about this." "Smaht?! Was it smaht for the freaking fuzz to stop Marcus?!" "Sissy, relax. Everythang is gonna be fine. Just get ready."