Home is where the hearts at

I'm stuck here again. Everyone is gone, fighting off the bad guys like always and I'm stuck here by myself. Bored. I went into the living room of the tower and flopped on the couch. "Aye, yo Jar?!" I called out. "Yes ma'am?" "What is there to do around here?" "I believe there is nothing going on, I'm afraid. Mr. Stark and the rest are finishing up their mission and will be returning very soon." "Damn. Alright. Thanks." I said; getting up.
It was just going on 1:30 when I heard the elevator doors ding open. I pulled the covers over my head. "They'll be checking here in a few hours. I say we split up and get away from here as fast as we can." I heard Cap say. "Why? I say we stay and fight." Tony argued. "Did you see how many of them were there, Tony? The first few hundred would kill us for sure." Nat said. I got from the bed and went over to them. I stood in the doorway; listening. "Even with Banner's help, it still won't make a dent." Clint spoke as he looked up at me. He gave me a sly smirk followed by a wink. Even in the dead of night, he can be so silly. "We don't have much time left. Get what you can. I'll contact you when it's safe to come out." Cap said before walking out. "Hey, babe. Hope we didn't wake you?" Clint said. He kissed my forehead as we walked back in the room. "What's happening ?" I asked, sitting on the bed. "Just a bunch of losers, really. Trying to take control. The same old story." He answered, changing shirts. "Then what about what Cap said? About running away?" "He didn't say running away, dear. We're...just laying low for awhile, that's all. Get your stuff. We'll leave in 15 minutes." I got as much stuff as I could pack. We were the last ones to leave with the exception of Tony.
🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯
The drive was long and my behind became numb. The area around us had soft rolling hills covered in green grass and nothing else. I looked over to Clint. He looked tired. His RBF was in full throttle. "Do you want me to drive?" I asked. "Nah, babe. I got it. You good?" "Where are we going?" "Safe house. We still got a couple of hours left." He answered. His other hand slid onto my thigh. I intertwined it with mine and giving it a few kisses.
I felt a light tap on arm. I look around to see if was still in the car. I looked over Clint, who had the car turned off. "Where are we?" I asked. "Home." He simply answered. We got out the car. A narrow, stretched out gravel path lead to a comfy looking house with a covered porch. A barn built off to the side. In front of it, a beat up pick up truck. The rocks crunched under our boots as we walked up the house. "This isn't your brother's house, is it?" "Close to it." He replied as he rang the door bell a few times. Shortly after, the door swung open, revealing an older women. She had tight, grey curl. A few wrinkles that were barely noticeable up close. "Clint!! Oh my goodness!!" She cried out. "Hey, mom." They both went in for a hug. 'Mom? He didn't?' "My gracious, Clint!! Call before you drop by. Come in. Come in. Who's your friend?" She asked, giving me a warm smile. "This is Claudia. The girl who I was telling you about." Clint answered. "Oh my. She's beautiful. Hello, dear. I'm Mrs. Barton. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. Clint told me so much about you." She said, giving me a hug. "Well, thank you. Clint hasn't been telling me much about you." I said back. "Babe, you know I can't." "Well, I'm glad you're here. I've been begging him to bring you. I'm being rude. Would like something to drink? You must be tired after the flight." "We drove, actually. Claudia, go take a seat in the living room. I'll be right back." Clint said. I strolled into the living room, which had a country theme, but it was cozy. The atmosphere reminded me of Fall. Family pictures were placed on every table. I walked over the mantle, where several pictures stood. One was Clint and his brother at the beach. Another was, I'm guessing, one of Clint's baby's pictures. He was in the tub, laying on his stomach, watching the water go done the drain. His butt was shiny. "Wow. I wonder if Nat knows." "Knows what, deary?" Clint's mom asked, placing a tray on the coffee table. "Oh, I didn't hear you come in." "That's Clint when he was about a year old. Took him to see my mother and wouldn't you know it? He played in the mud as soon as we got there." "Ha ha. Wow. Yea, he still does that now." I said. "Come. Sit down." She said, taking a spot on the couch. I sat across from her in a love seat. She handed me a cup of coffee. "So, Claudia where are you from?" "The south, ma'am. I took a trip to New York with some friends and fell in love with the place." "And how did you meet Clint?" "At a Starbucks. Haha. I was sitting at a booth, reading. He just came up and we started talking." "Yea. It was the best day of my life." Clint said, coming from the bathroom. He took the other love seat. "I like it. So, what do you do on the team?" 'Aww man.' "I...I don't really do anything. I just hang out and do stuff that people tell me to do, to be honest." I admitted. "Clint told me you're the one of the main leaders." "He did now?" I asked, looking at him. "Come on, babe. You hold the team together. You're the one who sees the world differently. The team surely needs that." He said, making me blush. "Thanks, Hawkeye." "Aww. You two will make beautiful grandchildren." She said before sipping from her cup. "...yea." I said.
Late that night, as I got back from the bathroom, I noticed Clint wasn't in bed and the window was open. I poked my head out to see Clint, sitting on the roof. He was looking up at the moon, twirling an arrow. I carefully climbed to him. "Hey." I softly said. "Hey. What's are you doing up?" "I saw you weren't in bed. What are you doing up here?" "I come up here when I can't sleep, sometimes." "Yea. The moon is nice." "Yea, it is. It's good to be home for once, you know. Take a break from all the fighting and stuff." "And Tony." "Haha. Him, too." "I think this what the team really needs. A break from everybody at times. Living under the same roof can get a little dangerous." I said softly. "That's what I'm talking about. You see things in such a different way. This is why we need you. I need you." "I need you, too."