Black Gamble pt 2

I looked across my desk over to my partner, Gamble. 'Why does he always look mad somebody?' I thought. The whole 'tough guy' attitude was getting old. I can hardly say anything to him without him making a sexist comment. "Can I ask you something ?" I said, breaking the silence. "What?" "Your last partner, Street. What did you do that made him run off like that?" "Listen, 'Miss. Jackson', I don't have to tell you anything. What happened is none of your business. Just hope you don't leave like he did." Gamble said, getting up and leaving. I went over the filing room where we keep just about every bodies book work. Thank goodness they were in alphabetical order. I soon found James Street's file. I took it with me as I got into a squad car. He lived on the outskirts of town and driving there wasn't easy. His address led me to a shady looking apartment. "Here's 2B." I said, before knocking on the red door. "Hello?" A lady answered. She had bed hair and was wearing an oversized shirt. "Hello, ma'am. I'm Officer Black. Is James Street here?" "Yea. Come in." I followed her inside the small apartment. "Jimmy, someone's here to see you." She called out. "What?" Came the response. A scruffy looking man came from the back. "Yes, officer?" "Hi. I'm Officer Black. You're Jimmy Street, right?" He nodded. "I'm just going to say it. You used to work for SWAT and your partner was Brian Gamble?" Another nod. "Well, believe it or not, I'm your replacement and I have to ask what happened? Everytime I say something, he's got a comeback for it." "Yea. That's Gamble. Listen, whatever you do, don't cover for him. He'll use that against you whenever he gets a chance." "That's against SWAT protocol! I can't do that!" "You better if you want to survive." "Thank you, sir. And sorry for the interruption. Enjoy the rest of your day." I said, getting up.
🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔
I was at my desk, doing some paperwork when TJ poked his head through the door. "Black, you need to see this!" He said, urgently. I followed him to the break room. The tv was on the news. "Breaking news! Former L.A. police officer and SWAT member, James Street, was caught on tape robbing a bank and then fatally shooting two officer before driving away. The police are still unaware of his where abouts." The tv said before it was shut off. "Ok, guys." Fuller started. "I want Jackson and Hando's team out searching for Street. I want the rest of you prepared. He won't make this easy. I want all communications up." I quickly got ready and joined the rest the of team. "Michelle, I'm putting you in charge. I want a report every two hours. Got it?" Hondo said. "Yes, sir. TJ, you drive. The rest, keep your eyes out." I ordered, getting in passenger seat. Everybody else, including Gamble, got in and headed for the city.