You're a real Jem pt 10

Today is the day I get to leave the hospital. After about two weeks of being bedridden, my ass was happy to leave. Jem is gonna pick me up and take me home. He was currently signing my release papers and letting me get ready. I took a cold shower and got dressed. I packed what little stuff people brought me and lift the room, heading towards the lobby. "Krissy? Ready?" Jem asked as I met him in the front. "Hell yea. Ready to get outta here. Food taste like shit." I replied. He laughed, shook his head, and gave me a kiss. We walked out to the parking lot, to a red ford 4x4. "What happened to your truck?" I asked. "Someone took over the payments. I've been busy since ya been in there." I nodded my head as I climbed in. Inside was slightly smaller than the other one. In order to get out of the parking lot, we usually take a right, but this time we went left. "Where are we going?" "Home." I sat silently as slightly familiar land marks passed us by. Passing the beach. Going over the bridge. Driving by the bar. Before long, Jem turns into one of the nicer looking apartment complexes. Another car was in a space, but further down. I turn to Jem, who just cut off the engine and got out. Following him, I watched him get a set of keys out. We climbed up three flight of stairs and stop at a door with numbers 79. Jem took the keys and unlocked it. The first room was the kitchen then it lead into the living room. Off the sides were several rooms. Everything was well furnished and smelled nice. "Who's place is this?" I asked. "Ours. I finally moved out. Had enough to get something nice." I kept my mouth shut. "I brought some of your stuff over here, but there was a lot ya don't have, so I got 'em for ya." "Thank you." I mumbled. "Uh...ya hungry? Since the food ya been eating taste like shit, I can go pick up something." "Sounds good." "Alright. I'll  be back. Ya can go and get comfy." He told me before giving me another kiss and then leaving. The apartment was quiet. I went into the master bedroom. The floors were layered with thick carpet. The bed looked like California King with black silk sheets. I took off my shoes and pants. The coolness of the sheets caused my skin to grow goosebumps for a second. I stared up at the ceiling, just thinking about what I needed to do.
Later that night, Jem and I are seated at the table, eating. We weren't talking. He would look up at me a few times as if he wanted say something. Soon, I cleared my plate and went to go wash it out. I left the dish in the drying rack and walked past the table, back into the bedroom. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I checked my phone. Suddenly, it was snatched out of my hands and a pair of lips smacked into mine. "Baby, I missed you so much." Jem mumbled. His mouth caught my throat and neck as his hands traveled down my bare thighs. I grabbed his face between my hands, making him look at me. "I can't tell you how much I've missed you. How much I just wanted to be with you and hold you. I understand why Dougie said those things. I get it. This city makes people hard, that's why I need to get out of here. That's why I need your help with tomorrow. I need you." I whispered at him. His magnificent blue eyes watered as he held me tighter.
                             *The next day*
The van was packed with what we needed. The girls put in the last few things in the back. "Ya ready to go?" Gucci asked. I nodded my head as I checked my piece. "Remember if we get pinched, who's idea it is." I took in a shaky breath and got into the passenger's seat. We drove onto the main streets. As we passed over the bridge, a green jeep pulled out in front of us, making us swerve a little. "Shit, man." I turned on the walkie talkie that was given to me and found the right channel. "I hope that was you." I said into it. I released the button and the sound of static came through. Through the crackling static, came a reply. "Yea. Make sure you keep up." Then the crackling static came back on.
The bank had just opened and the truck was parked outside. A dude in the driver's seat was reading the newspaper while his buddy was in the back, getting the bag ready. We parked just around the corner. Our masks, a rubber scream face, was pulled down over our faces. The AK I had was fully loaded and ready. "Ready?" Gucci asked. The girls nodded their head. "Krissy? Ya ready?" I nodded my head. Jem's group was the first to go. I watched him knock over the guy with his gun. I already felt myself getting wet just watching him. One of his friends held the driver at gun point, demanding that he get out of the car. The other two stood by the door to keep watch. Maybe two or three other people darted away, screaming. I bust out through the side door, aiming my gun at anyone who passed. The gun suddenly felt heavy as my arms got weak. I never liked using a gun. It wasn't me. I quickly shook off the feeling as I darted inside. The bank tellers were already on the ground. Gucci and Dougie were already at the safe with the key. I kept my gun ready. The rest of the group were in search of any valuable stuff as I went towards back. Only a closed door. I slowly opened it, gun drawn, to see Jem packing some stuff away into another bag. "Good. I was just about to come get ya. Ya ready?" He asked as I slipped the mask off. I tucked my gun away and picked up a bag. We slipped out the door and back out into the main hallway. I could hear Gucci and the girls yelling at everybody. "WHERE DA HELL IS SHE AT?!? IF I CATCH WITH HER THAT ASSHOLE, IMMA KILL BOTH OF THEM!!!" I turned to Jem who pointed to the fire exit. Upon opening the door, the alarm went off. "WHO TRIPPED THE ALRAM?!?" With both our hands full, Jem and I darted to a nearby car. We quickly threw off our clothes before driving off to our safe house.