Handyman

The lot beside us was rundown. The foundation cracked over the years. Weeds grew wildly around the house. The once brightly-colored home now faded with time. Windows were broken due to robbers. What's left, a skeleton of the Grand estate.
I was in my room, reading, when I heard the sound of several engines coming down the street. They all parked in front of my driveway and that of the empty house. "Allright, boys. Let's get started before it gets dark!" Someone shouted. "Yea. You brought the sleeping bags, right?" Another voice asked. Curiosity got the best of me, so I looked out the window. A group of strong men began to unload things and enter the house. Before long, the sound of multiple power drills and hammers filled the air. I could already feel a headache coming.

Later that night

My roommate and I were chilling in the living room. She was on the phone and I was watching tv. "What do you want for dinner?" She asked. "I don't know. What..." I was interrupted by the doorbell. I got up with my roommate behind me. I opened the door to see one of the men from earlier. He looked a lot younger than I pictured. "Uh...hi. I'm sorry to bother you, but do you mind if I may use your bathroom?" He asked. "Yea. It's around the corner." I answered. "Thank you." He said as he hurried off. "Ain't he the one who's fixing the house?" My roommate asked. "Yea." I said as we waited for him. A minute later, he comes back out. "Uh...thank you again. I'm Jermey, by the way. I'm fixing the house next door." "We heard." My roommate spoke up. "Ha ha. Yea, sorry about that. I'll see you guys later." He said before he left.
🏠🔧🔨🏠🔧🔨🏠🔧🔨🏠🔧🔨🏠
After several months, the house looked beautiful. Something straight out of a movie. During the course of that, Jermey and I have been getting to know each other a little. Turns out, he's been in a few movies. Once the house was finally finished and put on the market, Jeremy's crew left. I kinda missed the company. It seemed so empty over there before they came. It was early afternoon when a knock came at the door. I opened it to see Jermey dressed up. "Hey." He said with a warm smile. "Oh, hey. Cool job on the house. It's nice." I said. "Thank you. I'm actaully on my way to celebrate and I was wondering if you would like to come with me?"