You're a real Jem pt 9

"God. I'm so sorry. I really am." Jem whispered. I rubbed the back of his head as more tears ran down my face. "I forgive you. You didn't do anything wrong." I whispered back. "What are ya talking about, Krissy? You're in the fucking hospital. You're hurt." He said. I looked down at the tile floor. I just noticed how cold it was. With a quick moment, I was scooped up and carried to the bed. "Aha..." I cried out. "Ya good?" "I had some internal bleeding, but I'm ok. It stopped yesterday, but I can still feel it." "Jesus, Krissy. What the fuck did that fucker do to you?" I sighed before explaining what happened. The drugs, the guns. Babyface. When I reached the part of Paris, I had to stop. "How long has she been with him?" Jem asked sounding a little pissed. "Since she was born. I just never knew about it and Cleo never said a word." "At least she's safe."
Later that night, Jem decided to stay with me just in case. He was sleeping on a cot that nurses brought in for him. I wanted him in the bed with me, but he didn't want me to get hurt during the night. The ticking of the clock echoed softly in the room with sound of Jem snoring lightly. I was wide awake due the heavy medicine. I tossed and turned in the bed, my mind racing. Bits and pieces started to connect with each. The thoughts buzzed around my head like angry bees. It was so much excitement that swung my feet over the bed and eased out. I went over to the desk and flipped on the light. I went through the draw and found some paper and a pen. "What are ya doin'?" Jem asked behind me. "I need your help with something."