Highschool pt 2

Monday morning again. Damn, man. It seems like it gets shorter and shorter everytime. I get up, get dressed, and head to school. It's just past 7, the sun isn't even up yet and people are already talking way too much. I slam my stuff down on my desk and put my head down. Group by group, everyone came in. Britney was talking loud as usual. "Yea. Like, I know who's who in the play. Jermey is the boyfriend and I play the killer. Like, I said we are totally together." She said as more people began to crowd her. "There's also a rumor about us, but I'm not saying anything else." "Please, shut up." I whispered to myself.

Theater class

"Ok, everyone. I've put up the sheet. It's in the hallway. I'll give you a minute to look at it." My teacher said. Then all at once everyone got up for the hallway. I hung back to look at it. One by one, they came back in. They were saying things like: "They'll make great couple" or "I'm glad she got it." I knew they were talking about Britney. Once most of everyone came back in, I went out there. Two sheets were stapled to the board. My eyes scanned the bottom then the top. So far, my name wasn't there. The role I auditioned for was taken by my friend. Next, I spotted Jeremy's name. Britney was right. He was playing the boyfriend. Then, at the top of the list, first name on the list, was my name. I'm playing the killer. "Damnit." I whispered. "I thought you would be a great killer." I heard someone say behind. I turn to see Jeremy right behind me. "But that's not what I wanted. I wanted the victim part." I said. "Talk to the teacher. Maybe she'll switch someone, but I think you and I can make a great team together on this." He said, smiling at me. "Yea. I'll go talk to her after class."
The finale bell rang and I waited for everyone to leave before I headed to her office. I knocked twice before she answered. "Yes, darling? What do you need?" She asked. "Hey, I need to talk to you about the play results. I didn't audition for the killer. I wanted the victim." I told her. "Well, someone has begged me to give that role. He even bribed me to stay after school to clean up afterwards." "Who was it?" I asked. "I am not telling you that, but give till the end of the week and I'll see what I can do. Okay?" She said. "Alright. Thank you."
I walked home, trying to figure out who had to bribe the teacher fore to get that part. It was on my mind for the rest of the evening. Around 7:45, the house phone rang and I quickly answered it. "Hello?" "Maybe I speak to Nikki Thomas, please?" "This is she. Who's this?" "Oh, Nikki. It's Jeremy from theater."