Now what

Edited 6-10-19

Ivory's point of view:

It seemed like forever before Optimus and the others returned. I tried to fall asleep again, but I had another nightmare. My uncle and drowning. I was staring at the ceiling when I heard voices.

"Where's Ivy? "

"Inside, sleeping. "

I heard heavy footsteps and Drift came into view. I picked my head up and gave a sad smile. He knelt down beside the couch.

"Ivy, by the allspark. I was worried. I heard you scream... "

"I'm fine..... Just had some trouble while you were gone is all.... I'm okay now that you're all back safe. "

"Are you sure, you are still wet and your temperature seems to be a little high. You feeling okay? "

"I feel fine. I'm glad you're all back though and safe. " I said. I glanced around.

"Where's Tessa? "

"She's with the others, over there. " Drift mentioned, pointing over to where they had been grouped together and talking.

I climbed off the couch and walked between Drift's feet towards Tessa and Shane.

"Oh hey Ivy. You doing Okay? "

"Yeah, just missed you guys I guess. " I hugged her and Cade.

"Yeah, we're here now. We'll stick together from now on. "

"Promise? "

"Promise. Right Shane? "

"Huh? Yeah, of course. " He smiled warmly.

I finally felt like I had friends for the first time in my life, I felt like I actually had a family.

Cade then ended up sitting inside of Drift, playing a video of an autobot being killed by Cemetery Wind. I almost cried when I saw them trying to understand why they were killing them, and trying to reason with them. Optimus then smashed his fist into the floor which made me jump.

"They slaughtered them! I'll kill them for that! They're killing my family! "

"Optimus, easy! They will suffer the consequences for their actions, but now we need to focus. Get ahold of yourself Prime! "

Optimus walked away, on Crosshairs suggestion. I took this chance to sneak away as the others planned to raid KSI. I saw Optimus and went over to him. I tapped his foot. He looked down at me, he held out a hand and I climbed onto it.

"Ivory, you should be inside where it is warmer and safer. Especially after todays events. "

"Don't worry about that. What about you? Your friends, they're gone.. aren't they... "

"I'm afraid so. And one still missing. His designation, Ratchet. "

"He was close to you wasn't he? "

"Yes. He was what you humans call it, my best friend. We've known each other a very long time. "

"Yeah. I know how you feel. "

He stared at me, confusion in his face. I chuckled.

"My parents. "

"What... Happened to them, might I ask. "

"They died in a crash on the way home from a cruise vacation. I should've died too, but somehow I survived. They were all I really had in my life. I've never had friends, or any other family. I have an older brother, but he dissapeared when he was 15. I was 4 at the time. His name was Brandon. I miss him a lot. After my parents death my Uncle beat him so bad he disspeared. He said he'd come back for me, but he never did. I assumed the worst and moved on from it, stopped trying to find him and all. Then I ended up alone with my abusive Uncle too. He....he did things unspeakable. Drift knows..... He's seen it. So don't feel down, your friend wouldn't want you to be controlled by revenge. It's not a good feeling. It consumes you. I thought I wanted revenge in my Uncle for forcing my brother away. But trust me... It's not a good feeling. At all. "

"Ivory, I am truly sorry for all of your loss and trouble. You are a very intelligent and strong ten year old girl. Thank you, for talking to me. For bringing me back to my senses."

"It's no problem. I'm glad to be able help. "

"Yes, now we should head inside. The temperature is dropping. "

"Okay. "

As we walked inside, Optimus set me down near the makeshift fire Cade and Shane had built. He and Cade went to talking over in the corner while Tessa and Shane danced to music playing in an old radio. I watched Bee and even Hound joined in. I laughed at them and walked over. Tessa danced around with me for awhile till the radio died. "Awww man! "

She cried. Be slumped sadly. I had so much fun in that one night, than I had in my lifetime. I finally felt like I belonged, like I meant something, like I was loved since my parents death. I decided to tell Tessa how I felt and what I thought about.

After the little party died down, I told her all about it. About how important they all were to me and how I felt like I belonged.

She covered her mouth with her hand and cried. She smiled and hugged me tightly. I laid down with my head in her lap.

I fell asleep listening to some stories she was telling me that her mom told her when she was my age. I quickly fell asleep with my head on Tessa's lap, her stroking my hair just like my brother used to. I fell asleep happy, and I remained sleep with no nightmares. For the first time in a long time.

"Goodnight Ivy. "

"Night Tessa. " I mumbled quietly falling asleep.

I needed the rest. For tomorrow was going to be a very long day.