Another bump in the road

Edited 6-28-19

We had been on the highway for quite some time. My mom was sleeping in Optimus's cab. Traveling proved difficult at first. My father definitely wasn't a car like the others.

He now transformed into this giant wolf like animal. It looked pretty sick. Casey hasn't met our mom or dad yet. He's been avoiding them... he had caught a glance at our mom, but he turned tail and went in the opposite direction.

My mom stirred beside me with a sigh. I was in the drivers seat, my mom rested in the other two seats of the cab.

"Is everything  alright little one? You seem distressed. "

Optimus asked quietly, as not to wake my mom. I nodded with a shrug. "I'm okay. Just... a lot to take in. And Casey's avoiding our parents. I'm not sure why and I'm trying to think of a good reason why he would do that. Our parents haven't mentioned anything about him either so I don't even know where to start with that. "

He remained silent, knowing that even though I stopped... I wasn't done quite yet. He just knew.

"Optimus.... " I said with a tear slowly falling down my cheek. "I don't know what to think. I-I'm ecstatic that we finally found our parents of course, but where do we go from here? What about Megatron? He's going to come back. Especially now that Rowan is with us. And me? He wants me specifically because of the relic I carry. I just got my parents back I can't lose them again and what are we going to do about my dad! His life just changed completely and- god I don't know what to do now...! "

"Easy... easy now. Breathe. " Optimus calmed me. Only then had I realized just how worked up I got myself. I was out of breath and light headed. Tears spilling from the corners of my eyes.

"You mustn't fret over those things now. You do not need to bear the weight of the world on your shoulders. You already bear enough as it is. We will find a solution for everything. It will be alright. "

I took a deep breath. "Yeah... yeah you're right. Sorry... "

"You do not have to apologize. I understand. For your young age, you've gone through more than some of my most autobots during the war. And you're stronger than them as well. You always have been and always will be, Ivory. "

I smiled. "Thanks... I- just... god. " I paused.

"Thank you, Optimus. For everything. "

"Of course little one. " He replied.

There was a short silence before a fearful gasp was heard.

"Ivory?! " My mother shot up, wide eyes. I touched her arm.

"I'm still here. I'm here mom. " I said. She brought me in for another hug.

"I feared that it wasn't real. That you... that you had really died and- " She cried. Nightmares have been plaguing her poor mind since we left. Ratchet said when we returned to base he would be able to properly help her, but she would have to hold out until then.

I touched the back of her head. Combing my fingers through her hair. "I'm here. "

I whispered. She nodded weakly into my neck with a sniff. I closed my eyes.

I thought about my dad. Optimus's trailer had my father tucked safely inside, luckily he fit perfectly.  Once my mom was asleep again, I brought the blanket out and draped it across her.

"Optimus? " I asked. He hummed.

"Can I... can I go see my dad ? "

"I apologize. The next rest area isn't for another 28.4 miles. " He said.