Catching a Break

Today was April 19th. A Saturday.

Also, my sixteenth birthday. As well as Casey's, obviously.

Time has seriously flown by. It's been a tiring few years since everything had been turned upside down. It's been rough adjusting to life without Sarah's smile and laughter around.

But we pulled through and I now live with Will, Casey, Annabelle, and Cade in the same house. We had a large two story home by the ocean waters in Florida. We decided to stay in Florida, since this is where Casey has lived here his whole life and it was really nice. We all liked it a lot.

There was an autobot base not too far from us and we were many many miles from the closest public residence. We were all on our own out here with the autobot base easily in sight.

It was maybe a ten minute drive down the private road. We had 213 acres of land to ourselves. We had all that land mostly because the autobots and all. But it was nice to be secluded from society. Away from staring eyes and judging individuals.

I felt that way the most because of my eyes. One of them had turned green. So I now had one blue and one green. It had happened right after that fight with Drift's evil side, whatever happened to me while I fought to keep control of myself changed the color of my eye.

I threw the blanket off of me and shuffled my way to the door. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen where I snagged an orange from the fridge and sat down at the counter on a bar stool.

Casey had still been asleep, Cade was in the barn of course and Will was working at the base seeing as they were still getting used to being there and organizing the soldiers and bots alike. Annabelle was watching cartoons in the living room and hadn't noticed my presence yet.

The silence was broken by fast thundering footsteps halfway through my orange. Casey came charging down the stairs and rammed into me happily. "Happy birthday Ivy! "

He said excitedly. Annabelle's head whipped around. She was growing up so fast. She was whopping 9 years old now.

Annabelle sprung from her place on the couch and rushed into the kitchen. "It's your birthdays! "

I laughed. "Yeah. And his. Happy Birthday to you too Casey.  "

He smiled and hugged me again. "It's our third year being together on each others birthday, we gotta make it the best! "

Cade came into the house with dirty oil covered hands and clothes. "Hey guys. Morning. "

"Hey Cade. " I said finishing my orange and tossing it into the trash. Which I though was funny because I had tossed it at Cades head...

Casey held in his laugh while Annabelle was hysterical. Cade turned, the orange peel on his head, some of the juice dripping down his face.

"Think this is funny? " He asked removing it from his head and putting it in the garbage. He looked at me and I stopped laughing, but my smile remained. He came forward, I darted away but he caught me anyway. "I'll show you what's funny! "

He said. He threw my over his shoulder and walked to the outside deck. "What're you- no! Cade don't! No no no no no! CADE! "

He chuckled evilly closing the back door. I squirmed but he held me tighter. He got closer to its  "Cade I swear. You better not. "

He did it anyway.

I screamed when my body hit the water. He had thrown me in the pool.