Part 2: Chapter 2

Sorry guys for taking so long on these updates!! Been a lot going on, as all of you probably know. Lots of adjustments needing to be made and such. Hope you're all staying safe and healthy!! ❤️❤️

~~~

"This sucks. And I hope you know, I hate you for making me do this. " Casey said as he kicked a rock. I chuckled.

"Look, we just gotta find them and then we can rest. Promise. "

"Why do we even need to find them? You said it yourself, they weren't going to make it out here. Plus their injured mom? They're not surviving so we're wasting our time, aren't we?"

I sighed and stopped. "Look. I'm- I'm just doing what Cyro would've done. "

His face faultered. "Oh V... I'm sorry. I- I get it, I do. But do you really think he would've- "

"Yes I do. He trained me to be the best of best. I'm just following my instincts.... "

Casey lightly smiled. "He always used to say that. "

(NOTE- A flashback of Cyro will come in due time. This will all make sense later. You guys didn't miss anything lol. )

I nodded and continued on our way. We followed their steps for a good hour before coming to the tallest building in the city. Casey looked up, pulled down his hood before scoffing.

"You're joking. "

He said as he looked up at the only way to get inside. In order to gain access inside there was an insane suicide mission to even reach the building. But seeing the other side I could easily pick out a pole lined up on both sides and a rope discarded on the other. "Looks like they got over by a rope tied over both ends... smart. "

I commented, pointing it out for Casey to realize. He nodded slowly, piecing it to gather himself. "But what about us? The rope is over there and I'm pretty sure there's none just lying around. "

Looking at the building I sighed. I put my hand out and get a light pain. It was of course, protected from Casey and I's abilities. Because the building was under a protection ward.... built by the very man responsible for all this. The same one that affected me years ago.

———

"With this serum, the world will be cleansed if all sinners! "

"Chris stop! You do this, you'll end the world. Think of your daughter! Your wife! " I yelled at the man standing above us on the crashed bus in front of his tall and glorious bundling. I stepped closer, but felt a sharp stab in my gut and I fell to one knee. I looked up as he smirked down at me.

"Go ahead. Hit me with your 'abilities' Ivy. I'd like to see you try. "

"What happened to you....? " I asked in disbelief seeing this whole new person of him.

"I was betrayed. "

———-

I didn't know how he could block our abilities... I never knew he could have access to technology that could remove our abilities right from our bodies in such a way.

———

I reached out to strike him but all I felt was pain shooting up my arm and into my head.

He laughed.

"What've you done?! " Casey yelled from behind me.

"Casey stay back! "