Escape attempt 2

Edited 6-21-19

"Come on. We need to move before he wakes up and comes after us again. "

Alex spoke lifting my sister up and carrying her. "Shouldn't we wait for the others...? "

I said, a hint of fear in my voice.  "They'll find ya. We can't sit here too much longer. "

I nodded slowly looking at my unconscious sister. She was a mess... if we don't get help and really soon she might...

I shook my head getting rid of those thoughts. She'd survive. I knew it. If that stupid bracelet wasn't broken maybe it could heal her.

Alex carried her and moved through the tunnel of dim lights that sat on the walls. Once farther in we heard loud clangs. "Sounds like he's up. Let's keep moving. Quickly. "

We walked farther and the lights seemed to get darker and darker. Next think I know I'm tripping over something. I yelled out and fell to the ground.

Alex turned and held his gun up from underneath my sisters knees,  ready to shoot. He saw nothing but me on the ground rubbing my knee. "What happened? Come on get up. "

"I tripped over... train tracks...?" I said looking at what I tripped over. Alex knelt down putting Ivy against the wall and examining the tracks.

"Train tracks? Down here? But they aren't online. They haven't been for years it looks like. So would they even be here? "

"M-maybe they just haven't finished building them?" I said more as a question than anything. Alex hummed in response picking up my sister again.

"Let's keep going. They shouldn't use these tracks since they're not finished and haven't been used anyway. Hopefully...

I groaned and followed closely behind him. More clangs were heard down the way we were headed. Alex fixed Ivy in his arms and motioned me over. "Here. Take this. "

He held out the gun. I took it with fear. "Um okay... but- "

"You ever shoot one? " He asked.

"No. "

"Alright shooting lesson 101. So, just point and shoot and you shoot to kill. Don't point at someone if you don't plan to kill them. Do not hesitate because they'll kill you in that moment of hesitation. Understand? "

"Y-Yeah...."

"Casey. Are you sure? "

"Yes. Yeah. "

"Can I trust you with this? " He asked seriously. He nodded and moved along. We walked for what seemed like forever. The air was getting thin and it almost felt like what it did being trapped under that rock and rubble.

"Ugh. When's this thing end! " I exclaimed ...  too loudly. We froze as we listened to my voice echo throughout the tunnel in each direction.

After a moment when we thought it was clear we kept moving. I mentally smacked myself...
That was real stupid of me.

There was a low rumbling noise and the pebbles on the ground shook. "Alex... "

I said quietly.

"Shhhh. "

He looked both ways as the noise got louder. We couldn't tell which direction the noise was coming from. A pair of headlights shone in our faces from the way we needed to go. We were momentarily blinded and had to turn. There was a roar of an engine. "He's back! "
I yelled.

"Hellooo humansss~ " His engine roared again.

"Goodbye humans. "

He said darkly speeding towards us. Alex looked behind us and suddenly pushed me and my sister against the wall. "Stay still! "

He yelled over the loud rumbling and Drifts roaring engine. There was a deafening horn and Drift suddenly swerved the other way. Alex pressed himself and Ivy to the wall and turned his face away. I looked down as there was a strong constant wind.

There was a train going by...

A perfect distraction for us to get away. I heard a clank and the creaking a door. He managed to break the lock of a door that I hadn't realized was there. "Go! "

He yelled over the ending train. I ran in and he followed, dragging Ivy behind him. He shut the door and the train fully passed. We heard Drift yell out angrily.

"Aahhh! Now where did you escape to~ "

We held our breath as he passed by and drove away in search of us. "You okay? "

He asked.

"Yeah. You? "

"Peachy..." He said wincing at the pain from the wound he received on his back from the cave in.

"Your back still hurts... doesn't it? "

"It's fine. " He said rather quickly.

"But- "

"Let's just keep moving alright. We're not gonna be able to run from him forever. "

He went to pick Ivy up till her eyes opened, he gasped in surprise. "Hey! Can you hear me? "

She couldn't talk.... but she tried. "Alright just nod and shake your head okay? "

She nodded. "Hand me the water. "

He told me. I did so as he sat her up slowly and let her drink. "Thankyou..."

She whispered.

"Alright. Can you stand? " She tried with the help of Alex. She could but she needed support. I turned out being that support so he could lead the way and protect us. He took the gun back and fixed the bandages on her shoulder wound.

"Alright. Let's go. "

"Go? Wait, go where? Where's Drift..? " She asked, her eyes fluttering. Alex and I hesitated.

"He- he's still after us.  But don't worry, the others are on their way, we contacted them so he'll be okay. " Casey said. She nodded but still looked troubled.

We walked up the stairs, which took forever.
Especially with Ivy being so weak. Eventually we made it up and he started ramming the door to get through. It eventually broke open and we walked out into the sunlight. I sighed, breathing in fresh air. It was cold and windy. Snow covered the ground and fell from the sky.

"Where are we? "

I asked Alex. He was silent and staring off into the forest. "Alex...? "

Ivy stumbled in place. Her nose started bleeding. "Ivy! Oh god, Alex help. "

He still remained in his place. Ivy was still standing but was wobbly... "Alex? "

I asked. He suddenly turned with fear written on his face. "Don't. Move. "

"What? Why are- "

There was a growl. More than one actually. Alex turned his head again and from the tree line a pack of wolves emerged looking hungrily at us. "We just can't catch a break... can we? "

I mumbled.