The scythe

Casey and I wandered the halls of the hospital. Searching for a place where we could trick her and get  the scythe.

It was till strange to pass through walls and people... but at one point, me and Casey would purposely pass through people just to see their reaction and laugh at them.

But soon after we had started feeling weaker after each time we did and we had stopped. We also remembered the seriousness of our reasons of being here in the first place... we shouldn't be goofing off.

I looked up at the signs telling people which way things were in the large hospital. "Casey, what about the morgue? "

He looked at the sign with hope. "What? Why? Why would we got there? "

I smirked. "I have a plan. "

He raced after me and grabbed the doors handle. He raced ahead of me, forgetting that he couldn't touch anything. He went through the door and fell to the floor. I chuckled and slowly walked through the door seeing him getting back to his feet.

"Nice one Casey. "

"Hey. Shut up. " I smiled and looked around the dark room. I went to the far end and stopped. "So what are we doing here? "

He asked. I started opening the doors holding bodies. There was an empty one. "Get in. "

I said. He reeled back. "We no! Look there's a blood stain! "

"You wanna die? " I asked bluntly. He got quiet and mumbled under his breath.

"No... " I sighed. Not wanting to do this anymore than he did. "Then let's get this over with. "

Casey groaned. "I'm so gonna be sick... "

He climbed in and I started pushing him back in. "Wait! What's the plan? "

"Just be quite. When I call you, light it and toss this near her. You'll see where. " I  handed me a box of matches.

He gave me a confused look. "There's some flammable chemicals in here. The flames will will surround her and when she's distracted I'll snatch the scythe. Just keep your distance from her okay? "

I nodded. "Be careful. "

He warned. I shut the door and walked around the medical examination table, I purée the chemicals in a circle and waited. A woman wearing all black came down, she glanced around the room. "You're not the one I'm looking for. "

"Yeah well you got me anyway. Deal with it. "

I said back. She narrowed her eyes. "Where is the boy? His time is now, it is over for him. Let him be at peace. " She tried persuading me. I shook my head.

"No thanks. " The Oman came closer. She was finally inside the circle of chemicals spilled on the floor around us.

"You are making a mistake. The longer he remains this way, the most of a chance he'll become- "

"Just stop talking. If there one thing about our family... it's that we have a back for never dying. Just doesn't seem to ever stick. "

She gave me a confused look.

Casey! NOW! " I called. He pushed the door open and tossed the lit pack of matches. The chemicals went up  in flames in a circle around her. I pushed her down and ripped the scythe from her hands. Casey raced to my side.

I tossed the scythe to him and he raised it up. He swung and watched as the woman choked and disappeared in a cloud of black dust. The flames began to die down now.

We breathed out. "We did it. You're safe now Casey. " I smiled.

"But- but what about you?! " He panicked.

"I'll find a way back. I- "  I let our a groan, falling to the ground. I looked down at my arms.

They were fading....?

"Ivy?! What's- what's happening?! " Casey worries.

"I don't know. But go back to your body. You did it. Okay? I'll be fine I promise. "

"Ivy no...! " He cried. Tears from his eyes fell to the cod stone floor.

"I will be fine Casey. I promise. Today you faced your enemy, now it's time I faced mine. "

"But you helped me. You won't have help! How do I help you?! " I paused. I smiled as my bod faded even more.

"You stay by my side. Be there for me, lemme know you're there. That's all the help I'll need. Okay? "

He sobbed. "O-okay. I will. I swear it. "

"Alright. Goodbye Casey.  "

He smiled. "This isn't goodbye. It's a... a see you later. "

I smiled back and nodded. My voice no longer heard. Then I faded and Casey could no longer see me. He wiped his eyes and walked back to where his body still was.

They hadn't moved him yet incase family wanted to see him before they brought him to the morgue. He laid right on top of his body and his spirit sunk into it. It took a moment... but he shot upright with a gasp. His machines went haywire.

Doctors and nurses flooded the room checking every thing. Saying he was a miracle. After the doctors left to allow family in, the bots and Lennox entered. All but Drift that is.

"Where's Ivy? I need to see her. Now. " Casey said.

"Hey relax kid. She's... still contained. We tied her to the bed incase she goes crazy from being possessed. "

"Can you move her? Or move me? I need to be with her. "

"Yeah. Of course. " Will left the room. And moment later Will came in pushing my bed. He had military clearance to move me he said. Since they told them I was part of a special military branch or something I guess.

Casey reached over and grabbed my hand. I could feel his touch and hear his words in my head. "I'm here Ivy. Just like I promised. Please come back. Please. "

He said softly. I felt a presence behind me. I narrowed my eyes and turned. There stood the human form of the evil Drift.

"Time to face my demons. " I said.