Thats not Ivy

Edited 6-24-19

I wandered the halls of the hospital. Watching my back incase that crazy psycho reaper lady came back.

I needed to find a way to grab her scythe...

Seemed simple enough.

But how was I going to get it without her touching me and sending me to my death for good...?

I sighed and walked up the stairs. People passing right through me. Some felt a slight gust of wind, others got cold, and some just had no reaction.

"Hello?! " I heard a female voice call out. I raced up the stairs, following the voice.

"Why can't anyone see me! Look at me please! I'm right here! "

She panicked. That voice... it sounded like...

I turned the corner and stopped.

"Ivy? "

I spoke, the girl turned. Tears in her eyes. She smiled. "Casey! "

She ran at me. I met her halfway. We hugged tightly. Not ever wanting to let go...

We actually made physical contact. But if I was dead, and she was alive, how was she here... she wasn't dead before. She was fine! She couldn't be dead now!

"Why can you see me but not anyone else...? "
She asked pulling away.

"Wait- first off, are you dead? " Her eyes widened.

"No! Oh no! No I'm not dead! "

"Then how are you here? " I asked. She looked down.

"Well... I don't know how it's even possible but uh... you know that evil side of Drift? "

"Yeah... " I said cringing. Not really wanting to remember that.

"Well he transferred into my body at some point. He quite literally threw me out of my own body. He's possessing me now. "

"Optimus and Lennox were just in your room.."

"No.. he- he told me he planned on destroying the autobots from the inside... that's how he'll do it! "

She yelled running to her room. "He's using you... cause he knows they won't hurt you! "

I said to myself and running after her. She saw herself sitting in bed. Optimus and Ironhides holoform talking to her quietly. "Ivory, you are safe now. "

She remained still. "Kid? "

Ironhide tried, he stood and got closer. Taking her smaller hand. She was ice cold. Ivy's head turned towards Ironhide.

Though we couldn't see Ivy's face, we did see Ironhide tense. He grabbed the Optimus's arm and dragged him from the room, shutting the door.

"Somethings wrong Prime. "

"Indeed. She is never this silent. Perhaps she just needs time. "

"No. Aside from that. Somethings wrong with her. It's almost like... like it's not her. " He said. Ivy laughed.

"Yes! He figured it out! Please tell me he figured it out! "

The real Ivy said. Optimus eyed the girl in the room. "What do you mean? "

He asked. "When I looked into her eyes. I didn't see her. I'm not sure who I saw but it defiantly wasn't our Ivy. "

There was a gasp from a female doctor and several people scrambling out of the way of an incoming man. He was covered in bruises, blood and dirt. Ironhide ran to his side.

"Drift?! The frag are you doing here? " He said.  I watched the scene unfold.

"No. He's right Prime. That isn't- That isn't Ivy. It's not her. " He choked out.

"Drift.. But I thought he was... back at their base.. " Ivy whispered. Drift leaned heavily against Ironhide.

Lennox had come back saying it was military access only and that he was being taken care of under military specialties. He ordered them to move along with their business. They did so, but hesitantly.

Ivy touched Drifts shoulder. Only for it to pass through him. But Drift shivered, having a strange feeling come over him. He looked at Ivy, or where she would've been if he could see her.

Then he looked at 'Ivy' sitting in the hospital room. She stared at the wall. A blank look on her face.

"Drift, what do you mean by that's not her? "

Optimus asked. "That's not our Ivy. The same evil bastard that possessed me is possessing her. I don't know how he managed to pass from a cybertronian to a human but my guess is she's fighting it, so he can't take full control. Which is why she hasn't gone insane and tried to attack anyone yet. "

He said followed by a couple coughs. Optimus nodded and understood.

"Drift, we will handle the situation. But you must to return to your body. You're using energon you need to recuperate and heal to keep the holoform running. "

His body flickered. Luckily not catching anyone's attention. "No. "

He choked out. "I need to be here. For her. "

He said looking back at 'Ivy' through the window. "Drift... " Ironhide warned.

"I'm staying. " He demanded. He limped into the room and sat beside the bed. And that's where he'd be until Ivy won this fight.

He knew she'd win. "I know you can fight this. You're strong. We're all here for you. So hurry up and beat that bastard. We're all waiting for you. Please stay strong Ivy. "

Just hearing Drift encourage her gave Ivy the strength to keep fighting. But she continued to listen. "And when this is all over, I promise everything will go back to normal. Normal for us anyway. We can find a place to live out in the country again. Have all the bots around and have a good life. You cane leave us just yet. We need you Ivy. "

I looked to her. She had tears running down her cheeks. Drift moved a piece of hair from her face. She was now laying down with her eyes closed. "I need you. "

He whispered. Ivy wiped her tears. "I promise I'll come back Drift. "

She said before turning to me. "Okay. How do we get back? "

She asked. "Well... uh... I have to steal this creepy woman's scythe and kill her to come back. "

"Come back? What are you talking about? " She asked confused.

That's right... I forgot that she  didn't know yet. I cleared my throat. "Um Ivy... I'm uh kind of dead... "

She froze. "You- you what? " She gasped out.

I took her shaking hands into my own. "But if I steal the reapers scythe and kill her, I come back. If she gets me before then well... I don't get another chance. I die. For real. "

"Then let's get this chicks scythe and bring you back. " She said.

"Wait. Ivy, what about you? How do you get back? " I asked as we walked the halls once again.

"I don't know yet. I'm working in that still. "

"Ivy I'm not going back if you can't. I won't- "

"Let's just work on getting you back. I'll think of something. I promise. Besides, I have more time than you it seems.... " I sighed. Following where she was pointing. The reaper was coming at us. I took her hand and ran down the hall.

But I wasn't leaving her behind. If she wasn't coming back, I wasn't either.