Chapter Two: The Unexplainable Pain

As he walked out, he noticed the few outside the long glass windows. The Hidden Leaf Village had expanded ever since the population increased. It wasn't that many that they needed to build another wall or a second wall around the village. The village now had tall buildings that hold apartments for small families. He looked out, another beeping noise came and this time he actually picked up.

'Where the hell were you!? I tried calling you the whole day Boruto! You were supposed to come to training!" She shouted from the other side. He had to pull his phone away from his ears.

"But it's Monday." He said. It was all the reason in the world why he shouldn't be training on Monday. It was when he could focus completely on what he wanted to do. At that, he glanced at the right wing of the building. It was where they kept weapons from the previous wars.

'So?' Sarada asked viciously. 'Just because it's Monday you can lack? Boruto! The exams are coming soon and what are you doing? Playing video games? What's the rule of wars number twenty-three?' She asked suddenly. He sighs. Another textbook question.

"The rule of illusion. Making an opening by giving the idea of an absolute chance of winning and at the right time striking with deadly blows. Come on now, that's just not what we learn at training. That's for writing tests." He said, getting annoyed. He likes Sarada, he really does. But the girl was annoying at sometimes he just couldn't help but get upset. How much of an idiot does she take him for? There was a silence afterward.

'I know. But the writing exams are also important. Don't you want to graduate together Boruto?' She softened.

"I do. Don't worry too much Sarada, I got this." He insisted, hearing a snort from the other side. He could tell Mitsuki was also listening to their conversation.

"Can you get him off the phone please?" He was walking out the building now; the sun was shining on his face. The warmth felt nice on his skin as he walked down the streets, filled with people riding their bikes. The shops were all opened already, the smell of ramen, smoked beef, and dumplings filled the air. No wonder father always had his window closed, he didn't want to smell all this food.

'Sure. Get off the phone!' Sarada said, probably pushing Mitsuki away. He could hear his protest from the other side. 'Is he coming or what?' Konohamaru demanded. Boruto almost felt sorry for Sarada.

"I'll come okay? But wait a moment, I need to do something." He said, knowing exactly he had to go to get his sample. He just needed to study it for a bit.

'Usually when you say wait a moment you don't come at all.' She pointed out. It was true.

"Can you just leave me off the hook, please? I'll train by myself I promise Sarada. Please?" There was another silence from the other side.

'You know that's really not my decision to make.' She said afterward. The tall doors of the building were locked with hand-sized padlocks. He looked towards the streets and walked to the corner, seeing another door in a small alley; hidden from sight.

"I know. Just... please? Okay I know being a ninja has no break day but I really need to do something else now." He took a pin from his pocket, bent the tip of it to fit what he needed.

'What are you doing anyway?' Then she asked.

"I went to see my father." His hands stop. It was that heavy burden he had to carry when his father rejected his wishes to train with him. What does a son need to do to train with his father? Disappointments was what he had left to feel today if he didn't get that thing now.

'Sorry. Did I disturb you?' She sounded sincere. Another silence.

"No. No, you didn't." He gulped. "You don't need to say sorry."