CHAPTER NINE

He didn't quite remember when he had been in a mission he decided on his own. He had been doing it under someone's command, mostly Oro since she was the only one who took him in since he was a child. Now, here he was. Lurking in the shadows of the Helleya ruins. The birthplace of black chakra. No one had told him that, he just found out on his own. He could sense it. In the ground under his foot. The soil reeks of power and negativity and the very opposite of it are the green lands, where the great founder of peace, the ancient ascetics, were buried. He wondered so much about it since he found out where Oro had hidden. If they claimed they had found peace, where was it? So far, he never found it and he wished for some sort of release for his crushed heart. For the thirst and anxiousness in him, that didn't let him sleep at night or eat without feeling to puke. He wondered and he will find peace when he gets there, he will search for it and he will release himself. He will make sure of that.

Akeboshi slowly crawled behind narrow walls where its shadows stretched to cover the land with claw-like shapes. The wind howled the dead tree branches to tremble until its last leaf touched the ground. He was never a great fan of a good few, but this was something he didn't want to see and he looked away. His eyes narrowed to focus on two guards who stood obediently on each side of the wooden door. He swore under his breath and moved further to the end. But where he had to cross, the guard could see him and he swore silently again.

"I told you coming this way was a bad idea." He whispered to where Kuroy was. "We should have gone thru the upper side. No guards there." The other boy looked at him with a look of dislike and fed up expression. His fair raven hair shadowed his Sharingan that oddly glowed.

"You think she'll let anyone in just like that? If there's no guard then there will be traps." He said and went on after a moment, "Traps that I made. Trust me you don't want to fall in one of them." Kuroy said and crawled next to him, taking a peek on the guards. They were like living statues.

"I just saw them and I hate them already." He murmured.

"You hate everybody," Kuroy said flatly, making signs. A person he didn't know showed suddenly and took their attention. Soon two running footsteps came closer and Akeboshi took his part, suddenly jumping beside them, he knee kicked one of them and throat punch the other. They both fell.

"No instant killing?" He asked curiously. "What's up with you?"

"Just sniff where's necessary." He walked first, leaving him with whatever he wanted to say. Leading the way into the main entrance, they found them selves in the middle of a large hall. Just the way Lady Mitsune would want it to be. The ruins of Helleya was no ruins at all but simply abandoned for its haunted room and bad luck. Akeboshi had read about it and remembered a little from it. They described it as the gate of hell. When the war had started, the war she started, the black clouds had spread from this very spot and so he knew this was the birth of Oro. The damned land and home for the evil. Hmph, it doesn't look so scary. He thought, walking behind Kuroy who was now leading the way. He stopped under a hole in the ceiling.

He pointed. "Give me a bust."

"Wanna share the plan?" He suggested. But he still gave him a bust and he jumped half way up. It was one high ceiling though they were already in the corridors. The ancient floor was surprisingly in good shape with drawings of birds and forests.

"It's not safe walking here; let's just find our way thru the storage floor."

"What are you talking about?" He jumped up as well, nearly slipped down if Kuroy hadn't caught him and pulled him up. Kuroy's right lip twitched.

"You read the stories but I read the history. I know this building. It was designed by-"

"Yeah yeah ok, just skip thru the prolog and to the main point? We don't have time." Kuroy pouted for a moment, clearly hurt that he cut him in the middle of his sentence.