TEN

Boruto used every bit of strength he had to shut that last door for good. It shut with a loud unpleasant noise that echoed around his working place the way it always did these past few weeks. His body was sour from working overnight but he didn't care. He was used to it now, after all, he owed that much to Lady Mitsune to make sure this contraption work the way she wanted it. The one thing is, he hated building it. Not because he hated the labor but more of because how the machine works. It was a tunnel of high-tech transmitter that could reach thousands of miles all around it. Either it is to take or give; it was so flexible that it can be used to transfer energy in any way. It was a dangerous thing and he knew it. Whatever those people say and believe about Lady Mitsune, no one should be trusted with this. He sighs, walking to a long table where small pieces of metal and oil splatter, dripping down from his table. The smell kicking his nose, the smell of chemical filling his lungs. He had no choice.

It was something that she asked him personally to do, handing out a blueprint that was torn and unperfected; he was tasked to finish it. Making sure that it works. He was a bit shocked that he managed to make something like it from something that has failed years ago. He thought it was just because someone did the failing for him and all he had to do was learn from their mistakes, but he was praised by Lady Mitsune one time when someone had come to her and reported his work. She came with a wide grin, looking at it with admiration and satisfaction, she did not hear what he had said.

"This is very dangerous Lady Mitsune. There is no telling what it can do."

"Oh, Boruto you are a genius! I love it. It is perfect!" And walked away after suddenly giving him a kiss. She turned to him that time. Looking so much like an ordinary woman than ever before, her eyelids half closed, staring into his while both hands welcoming. It was an intimate kiss that left him speechless. She held his face steadily and when he thought she was about to kiss him on his lips, she went further down and kissed his neck, so long he could feel her tongue. He shivered at the thought. Holding his neck where she kissed, he wondered when the mark will disappear. Because where she kissed him was a strange mark. A black kiss mark just above his loyalty collar.

"Have you done your work?" Boruto turned to see Itachi standing just inside the room. His face was similar to Uncle Sasuke's face. His long black hair was tied on his neck, on his face two longs lines from his eyes to the sides of his nose. His black eyes seemed soft and he knew why. Boruto smiled to the child who was hugging Itachi's leg. He was just like him with two lines on his small and cute face.

"Almost, just a few adjustment." He said to him and quickly looked down to the boy, who was now hiding behind him. It was rare of Itachi to take his son to this headquarter. Usually, he left him home along with his older brother and sister. "Well look, isn't it Kotachi! How are you today?" He asked. The boy smiled shyly, letting his father's hand stroke his hair.

"Father said I can come today." He said, looking up to him.

Boruto never heard that much story about Itachi Uchiha. Only a little from some ninja's who lived thru the war. Most of them were not nice, and from all of that, the word Family Guy was never something he would think of him. But even villains from the past war needed a family as well.

"How is Izumi?" Boruto asked, looking back to his blueprint. Kotachi ran to see and stood beside him while Itachi sat on the other side. Boruto remembered when they have first met. Lady Mitsune had led him there herself, walking from the headquarter to their... very large village that was twice bigger than Konoha. He was surprised to see that since it was isolated, they could keep this much commotion hidden from the world, someone should give them a credit because it was an accomplishment. He thought that time because Itachi was... is a great ninja, he would live by himself alone on some place isolated from this already isolated place. He was one isolated guy. But he wasn't. He lived right in the middle of the village, close to a school and the market.