CHAPTER ELEVEN

The difference was heartbreaking. It was like watching a vase slowly breaking apart into thousands of pieces and soon she will not recognize which part goes where. As if you slowly come to really know someone and you don't like what you see. Like in the scrolls she had read long before she had finished school about. It was fun back then but in the description, it says ways to settle the matter of the heart. In the way, as she walked behind Akeboshi and Boruto, the words came back to her like a refreshing wave of cruel truth. The ways of fixing a broken heart are by realizing that you don't miss the person, you miss the memories. You miss the feeling of happiness and you have to understand that you don't need him to be having that. There is no need to think, he wasn't like that before. Has it ever occur to you that perhaps the person you don't like today is the person he always was? The difference is he has shown you who he really was.The heart can influence the mind and weakens you, but only if your mind allows it. Or accept and move on. It is all a choice.

She scrunched her nose to that. It is a choice indeed and the choice she sees right now is going to him, slap him repeatedly and ask where the hell is her Boruto. But she did no such thing. She walked in silence along them while crossing the first border of the green lands. She guessed if she was already in the first border than they should be there soon enough. Meaning she had less time with him.

The first border of the green lands was covered in giant trees with surging shaped trees that looked like it was twisted from the ground. The leafs and branches of it were like giant umbrellas that formed two layers of leafs along the way. Allowing the sun to pass thru and made round spots of sunlight on the ground. The breeze was cool and flowers grew wildly but beautifully. Now she was walking next to Akeboshi and Boruto was exploring in front of them, looking around like a curious dog with no leash. Sarada could not help but think that.

"So we are almost there?" Sarada asked to break the silence. Akeboshi looked puzzled.

"What do you mean? We just started this journey." He said, not looking at her. All the time, his eyes followed Boruto's movement, making sure he did not run so far. And as she thought, a dog with no leash.

"But we are already in the first border. Then we are almost there?" Akeboshi chuckled.

"You can say we are almost there when we are on the third border sweety." Sarada snorted. "Don't call me sweety" And then, "How many borders are there?"

"Seven." He answered. They then walked in silence and her mind wandered around again and sighs.

"Not the man you slept with anymore huh?" Sarada looked up, this time he returned her gaze. His eyes were filled with puzzlement, curiosity, and humor. Somewhere there was a bit of passion as well. This was not the Akeboshi who pretended to be her friend.

"How did you know that?"

"So it's true then. I didn't but you looked different when I saw you again."

"You're unbelievable." She exclaimed but she felt somehow relieved that someone would know about it and not judge her. There was no marriage between them when it happened and she could only imagine what her mother and father would say about her virtue. In the same time, she felt happy about it as well because she shared something with him that night and whatever barrier that kept them apart was broken.

"Am I? You heard me and you still don't believe it." Akeboshi said.

"That's not what I meant. I mean that's something really personal... and you shouldn' be poking your nose around someone else's business."

"Night business." He pointed out.

"Like I said." She said flatly. Akeboshi placed his hands on her shoulder.