Chapter Three : Try and Get Him

The air was hot. But then, it always was.

Gara stood staring out to the horizon beyond the high walls of his village, where the hills of sand slowly faded away in the distance. Above all of it were blue skies, smudged by white thin clouds blown by the warm wind. It was as he always remembered it since he was a child, everything remained the same. The few of the village always looked prettiest at day time, so here he was facing it all. The heat of the sun had begun to sting his shoulder beneath the layers of clothing, even in the shadows, everything felt hot. Hot and strange.

He had felt it for days already, something moving in the substance around them. In the air, in the water, in the ground beneath them, and in anything he could touch, sometimes so strong he had to stop whatever he was doing. There was something very wrong, but he couldn't grasp what the problem was.

"Kazekage-sama, the preparation for the coming festival is done. We're waiting for your approval."

"Very well, I will come down." He said, and with that Yogi went back inside. Gara moved from where he stood, leaving the few he had known so well behind. He looked back one more time, expecting to see something bursting out of the ground, but the horizon was as calm. There was nothing there.

"Kazekage-sama?" Yogi came back, probably to make sure he was coming down.

"Let's go," Gara said.

---

It was that woman again. With her long black hair running down through her hip, brushing the surface of the water she was standing on. Her lips curled into a smile, covered with black lipstick. Where her eyes were supposed to be, were filled with emptiness. Black emptiness, dripping from her socket; staining her pearl white cheeks. He stood staring, afraid to move. He didn't want the woman to know he was there, he didn't want to let her know. Perhaps, if he was to move than the water under him will move with him. The ripples...

"Boruto..." She whispered. "I know you're there..."

"Who are you?" He demanded, but instead of moving forward, he stepped back. He was afraid, there was no denying it. "Are you afraid Boruto? Don't be. I'm here to take you. So come to me... come here... come here... Boruto... come here..."

"No!" He screamed out. Facing a blank white ceiling, colored with yellowing light from his opened window. The wind was blowing in, sending cold air to brush his heat. Still, he was sweating and he was shivering.

Boruto pushed himself up to lean on his elbow; seeking for the time.

"Oni-san?" A creak from the door took his attention. Himawari stood in the doorway, already dressed with her everyday uniform. A yellow long dress over her hip with red laces. "Oh, you're awake!" She pushed in.

"Himawari, you should get going by now. The academy is starting in a few minutes isn't it?"

"I know. But I was worried." She confessed, sitting on the side of his bed. Even her high boots were cute, though they were designed to shoot out a blade if she ever needed them to.

"Don't be, I'm fine."

"But you fainted." She insisted, tangling her fingers. "You never fainted before. And you weren't doing anything that heavy... so..." And she sighs.

Boruto grinned, rubbing her hair. He pulled her in, feeling her small arms come around him. She felt so fragile, so small, but he knew better than anyone she was a strong ninja. Enough to put their father out of battery for hours.

"I'm fine Himawari. I promise." He whispered to her. As they broke apart, his eyes widened at the sight of her watery eyes. "Ehh... Himawari..."

"Just remember you promised me!" Himawari stood up, both hands clutching hard. Her gaze was hard on him, hard enough to keep his mouth shut for anything he wanted to say. Without further fuss, she left the room, leaving the door open.