Five

Eavesdropping is something a ninja is probably used to of doing and it would be done if they needed certain information they could not have. And it was something he did with less effort. Boruto walked down the corridor to where the staircase ended next to the dining room where Kakashi, his father, and mother was sitting.

He slumped down against the wall, knowing Himawari was asleep; he has no fear of her walking out of her room seeing her brother eavesdropping on their parents. She would understand and she would probably join him on what he was doing. He had a special jutsu for this, something that Kuroy had thought him and he had it mastered only in one time try. Besides, it was an easy justu after all. He needed no special training for it.

The corridor was dark and lights were off except the one from the dining room. Boruto sat right next to the stairs in front of Himawari room. Patiently waiting for them to talk about him, while right now they were talking about Sasuke's mission and progress. It was clear uncle Sasuke is most trusted in the village.

"Well, I'm glad that ended well. I guess he will be back soon then?" Kakashi said.

"Yes, he did say he has no attention on stopping somewhere else. It's good for Sarada and Sakura." His father said. The sound of glass and plates washed heard among their chatter. Well, at least Sarada will have her father soon.

"How is Boruto?" Finally, Kakashi asked. Boruto leaned his head back, wanting to hear more. "He is fine I think. He looked pale and awkward before but now his fine."

Improve my acting. Boruto adds to self-note.

"I can see he is trying to be stronger," Kakashi said. "From the three he is the weakest, I'm afraid," Kakashi said. His heart sunk and trembled. Knowing that he was weak was painful enough but hearing someone, someone like Kakashi who was once a great ninja was demoralizing. There was a long silence in the kitchen. He could hear his mother finished with the washing and took a seat. The chair made its noise when she pulled it.

"Yes, that is true." He heard his father said. He couldn't really recognize the sound he made himself. A low gasp of disbelieve. Now that his father had agreed to it, somehow it made it more real. He always has doubts. All this time, he knows he is weak, but it was in a form of doubt. Doubting himself. Now it is real, it has become something that sticks on his skin, I am weak, among the three I am the weakest.

"If I recalled, Boruto often loses from Himawari," Kakashi added and his mother laughed. "Himawari is tougher than Boruto."

Boruto shivered and the pain in his chest rose again. How do I get stronger? Kuroys voice rang in his mind, you can never be strong without hatred and only when you leave love behind you will regain power. I didn't know you had black chakra. Boruto, with that much power you should at least control it. Or else you'll blow everything. He looked up from his palm. Looking down to see they were still talking. He could not listen to any more of this. Hearing Himawari is tougher than him? What the hell!? The pain in his chest burned again, there is too much energy running through his body. He could feel it and heard Oro's voice again in his head. Come to me. Come to me. Come to me. Come to me.

"Kuroy was right. It is... the only way." He whispered to himself. He rose from where he sat and walked back to his room. His steps soft and controlled. He closed his door carefully and took his bag.

The first thing he packed was his papers, work, and notebook. The second was some money he saved to buy wood, some clothes, and... Borutos hand froze when his hands reached out for his headband. Its metal shone under the light of his table lamp. The sign of Konoha carved in it, Himawari is tougher than Boruto.

"Screw that." He said and packed everything. Closing his bag and wore it behind his back. He looked down to his untidy bed and around his room. Sighs and started tidying his bed, putting back his chair, and at last turning his lights off. The room fell into absolute darkness and he slowly climbed out. The pain in his chest did not hurt as much anymore and he felt the wind blowing his yellow hair.

He looked back to his room, glanced away with anger and jumped down. He may not be a great ninja but he was a great tracker. He knows Kuroy was still around, that much was enough.

Her room was so quiet and boring and dim. She breathed calmly, staring up at her ceiling with no much interest. Only something to look at while her mind drifted to Boruto and his strange behavior lately. He was not the same boy who would make her angry or disgusted or shake her head. He was just calm and he was mostly deep in thought. His bright blue eyes flicker with intelligence and kindness she found the need to look away every time Boruto returned her gaze. He was handsome. That she knew. He had grown now, his face not as chubby and taller with a slender body and slim hip that she found was her secret pleasure. She felt herself blush and turned sideways. Her memory drifted back to when Boruto helped her pick her book when she had dropped them. His hands were bigger than her, stronger than her, and she loved the way he handled her precious books with care. Knowing Boruto also found joy in learning from them. His thin and high cheek face was something she enjoyed looking at. Where Mitsuki had an artificial beauty Orochimaru had made for him, Boruto was a natural born handsome type of boy. Well, yes he had cheated back then, but he had changed and he trained harder than ever before.

"Mam! I'm going out for a walk!" Sarada called out to her mother. There was no answer; probably she was already asleep after cleaning day. She was expecting father to come home and had wanted the house to be clean for when he was sleeping in the living room. He always did, sleeping on mother's lap. She always loved stroking fathers hair and when that happened, she rather stays outside giving some time together.

She opened her window and climbed out with no afford. The night air was so fresh, she drew in a deep breath with satisfaction and thought about going to the park. She remembered going there with Boruto once, walking and enjoying the sight of the Sakura tree. They nearly kissed back then, but Boruto had pulled away. In such a un-Boruto way that she was convinced ever since that he has changed.

The streets were empty as expected. Only lights from the streets protected her from darkness giving little assurance as she walked to the park. Unexpectedly, she caught Boruto standing with a boy. He was wearing his dark blue backpack, talking in a serious manner with the boy who smiled slightly at him. He glanced at her and she gasped.

"Sarada," Boruto said when he saw her.

"I'll wait for you." She could hear the boy say to him. Boruto did not walk closer to her, but he remained. Her stare was firm and hard as stone. There was no trace of the Boruto she knew. She saw strands of his hair had turned black, spoiling his yellow hair.

"Boruto, what happened to you?"

"Truth happened." He said. The wind howled between them, blowing on the trees as it danced to their touch. This was Boruto, this was her friend? Then why does she feel fear towards him?

"What do you mean? Where are you going?" She couldn't help but sounded desperate. A tight knot on her chest made it hard to breathe.

"Sarada. Thank you for being my friend." He said. She walked closer to him, raising her hand to touch him. Touched his jacket.

"What do you mean? I... I don't understand. I will see you tomorrow at school... won't I?" Silence.

"Goodbye, Sarada." He said to her. She grabbed hold, hard on his jacket. "No! I won't let you go!" She nearly yelled. But the rough and thick fabric in her hands became small as if breaking into thousands of small flower cloves. He slowly vanished into the air until at last his smile disappeared. She chased him, her feet stepped hard and fast on the ground, but it was no use. She stopped as the truth of it hit her on the head. Her eyes water and she drew in air and screamed. "Borutooooooo!"

------------------------------------------