CHAPTER SEVEN

The dessert was definitely not her favorite place to go. The place was quite, lifeless, and boiling hot at day and freezing cold at night. There was not much of life there outside the sand village and if there was, it was probably lizards, scorpions, and cactuses. Something that could save you for some short amount of time before you start to lose your way and die out of hunger and thirst. But that is for someone who doesn't know their way around the dessert. She thought, concentrating on her jutsu.

Boruto, she sensed was around the desserts where the great puppet master once lived. Sasori of the red sand was his name. Sarada's eyes flung open and she could get there thru teleportation she had learned not so long ago. But she had not mastered it, not yet.

"Hang on Boruto." She whispered to the wind and felt her eyes started to change. Slowly she felt the dimension of her body change and she swirled into a small portal to her destination. She wondered how her mother would do to chase her now. It would take her around three days to get there by foot and father was supposed to leave this morning. But maybe she would not follow her at all. She had left her a small note under the door, telling her that she had to go and find Boruto. And that she doesn't have to come and look for her.

Sarada bit her lips when she opened her eyes and she was already standing in the middle of the dessert. Looking up to a small cavé just a few steps ahead. According to her jutsu, he was supposed to be here. She braced herself and walked to the mouth of the cavé. Its shape like a monsters mouth and sand pouring into the shadows.

"Boruto." She screamed. Her voice echoed, ping-ponged thru the walls in the depths of the cavé. Perhaps this café was bigger and deeper than it looks from the outside. As she stepped in, she could feel the sand that touched her foot was colder and the lights slowly turn dim. There, beside two rocks were a cliff of big chunks of rocks she could climb down. But was he really there? If anything was to ambush her inside this deserted place, then even her father wouldn't be able to save her. And with her injury, she would not last long in a battle against a strong opponent.

"Boruto!" It echoed. "Please! I know you're in there, answer me!" She yelled.

"Don't come down Sarada!" It was Boruto's voice from the bottom of the cavé.

"Are you stuck down there? Are you hurt?"

"No!" He yelled almost angry. How strange it was that he would feel offended with that question. Sarada braced herself and took her first step down on the stone she could reach. Holding out to two other rocks. Her foot pushing of some small rocks to fall down.

"Ow! Hey! I said don't come down!"

"Oops, sorry! Wait a minute!" She took her second step. This one was easier on a horizontal surface, just enough to stand.

"What are you doing here anyway!? Sakura and Sasuke are going to be worried!"

Sakura and Sasuke? He never called them by that name before. Usually, it was aunt or uncle. "They would. But they're going to be worried about you too!"

"I said don't come down! It's dangerous!"

"That's why I'm going to get you out of here!" She took her fourth step.

"You don't understand!"

"I would if you tell me!"

"I'm dangerous Sarada! Please! For once listen to me, get away!" That last word came out as a growl. Bouncing out of the bottom of the cave like a wave of sound. She shivered but kept on moving down.

"I know you won't hurt me!"

"Sarada I nearly killed you!" He yelled, his voice breaking. It tears her heart apart and she went on going down. She realized there was something very wrong with him, realized that she was moving down to a dangerous zone to where she would not get help if something wrong was to happen. But she would take the chance, the risk.